Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Kingsland, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged at Kingsland on our way north from Sarasota. It is such an improvement to drive 301 from Ocala straight to Kingsland totally avoiding Jacksonville. In addition its only 140 miles so charge time was short compared to St Augutine - Savannah. Love it!
Sorry no picture, it was pouring rain.

Yesterday at 2:01 with very nice picnic table.

image.jpeg

I hope there is a trash can nearby for after using he picnic table.

I can't remember, but I am guessing there are trash bins located approx. 25 yds. away at the Welcome Center building. And please don't forget to wipe table surface after using to keep from attracting ants. (just a suggestion :wink: )

btw, Thank-You Supercharger Team for filling in this very important gap between Savannah and St. Augustine! (c'mon plantation..)

Last edited:
Picnic tables would be really nice. No worries on trash. The rule is, "you pack in, you pack it out".

Absolutely agree.
I visited the Flight 93 Memorial near Shanksville, PA and there are no trash containers (for some maintenance person to have to empty).
There is only a dispenser of small plastic bags for you to take and carry your trash with you elsewhere and appropriately dispose of.

I used this one last Monday and today. I honestly didn't know about it, as I planned my Orlando to NC trip before it was on my radar. It makes the Savannah to St. Augustine run more comfortable if you like to drive 80 and have a 70D, for sure. Because the charging is slower going at the top, it seems to benefit you to have more frequent, shorter stops. I haven't done the math, but it was a comfortable trip for us. First road trip in the Model S.

Oh, and the police there are super interested in the cars.

Just FYI I used this supercharger twice in the past week. The location is great from a spacing perspective. Allowed me to completely skip St. Augustine which I always found to be a pain. Only real issue is there's really nothing nearby, but we just needed a quick stop and were able to use the bathrooms at the Hampton Inn right behind it.

Only issue I found is that I think something is wrong with the 3A/3B supercharger. I was seeing a much faster taper on 3B than what I expected to see. It was down to about 100A with only 150 miles of range. I noticed this both times. I switched over to 1A and the charge rates were much better and along the lines of what I would expect to see at the various stages of the charge curve. If anyone stops by here, try to use the 1A/1B chargers.

I reported the issue to the supercharger team.

Resurrecting this thread, i'm heading down for the second year running in my P85+ to Universal Studios from Virginia (DC Metro). Last year I did Santee to Savannah and then straight to my first stop in St. Augustine (Kingsland wasn't open).

This year I was thinking of Skipping Savannah (although I do like the airport and amenities, its just a little painful getting in and out) so going Santee to Kingsland (its about 208 Miles), this will be an August trip with 2 adults, 2 kids and a trunk full of 'stuff', riding on my 21's.

Thoughts? from what i remember that section is pretty straight and flat.

General comments since I haven't tried the route:

- 120' elevation decline according to evtripplanner
- 208 miles @ 69 mph = 3:00, @ 55 mph = 3:48

so it depends on the weather impact on what speeds you could travel with and without stop at Savannah, but in the simple case of ignoring weather and potentially extra charging time at Kingsland if you arrive from Santee almost empty, you have 40+ minutes at Savannah to break even. Also, less stress with the stop?

General comments since I haven't tried the route:

- 120' elevation decline according to evtripplanner
- 208 miles @ 69 mph = 3:00, @ 55 mph = 3:48

so it depends on the weather impact on what speeds you could travel with and without stop at Savannah, but in the simple case of ignoring weather and potentially extra charging time at Kingsland if you arrive from Santee almost empty, you have 40+ minutes at Savannah to break even. Also, less stress with the stop?

Prob right, 10-15 mins at each stop is better than 45-60 at some. Kids need a bathroom break every few hours anyway.