Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Abbott, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

New filing on TDLR for a Supercharger coming to the Abbott Travel Center in your governor's namesake town. Number of stalls not indicated

Abbott.jpg

Photo from Google

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one SC 25 miles north in Italy. What is sorely missing is a SC in Temple, TX.

And also Georgetown or Round Rock cannot come soon enough. I drove down to RoundRock from DFW yesterday for a day trip and I had go further down south to Austin I35 SC to get the juice for my return trip North. The two 72 KW urban chargers in Round Rock was too slow, that I decided to go the other way to charge at a 150 KW charger.

Badly need Georgetown, Round Rock and Temple.

Georgetown and Round Rock SC are coming pretty soon. I agree with the need for Temple location. If we have one in Buccee's it will be perfect. All of these together will make DFW to Austin and SA road trips range anxiety free. We will have on SC literally within every 40-50 miles.

Not sure what Tesla's criteria are, but they keep showing lack of understanding of Texas. Both Hillsborough and West (in the Slovacec's lot!) would have been better choices. But I will take Abbott compared to no Abbott.

Not sure what Tesla's criteria are, but they keep showing lack of understanding of Texas. Both Hillsborough and West (in the Slovacec's lot!) would have been better choices. But I will take Abbott compared to no Abbott.
I'm betting that many of them are from someone referring potential sites to the Tesla host a supercharger page

I just stopped by today and my car had these as under service but luckily they had just finished and I was able to charge because Waco was a mess.
Similar experience today making my way back to Austin from the DFW area... the location appeared as unavailable / out of service on the map but nav nevertheless routed me there. 4 out of the 8 were working and there was a tech there working on the others.