Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Caution: My understanding is that TT-30p to 14-50r RV adapters are wired incorrectly for Tesla and EV use. Tesla does not use the neutral wire/blade at all in a 14-50 plug, for example, just the two hots and the ground.

When buying a TT-30p to 14-50r adapter, be sure that it is labelled for Tesla use. Even better, for the large majority who have the Gen 2 Mobile Connector, just buy the proper adapter from EVSEadapters.com:

Yes, it is a bit pricey but it has the 24 amp current limitation built in and the temperature sensor in the plug for safety, just like all the other Tesla Gen 2 MC adapters.

FWIW.
Good point, I forgot about that detail.

I actually have the TT-30 UMC adapter from EVSEadapters.com and the Tesla TT-30 to 14-50 adapter from ACconnectors.com
The second one works but the 90 deg design is flawed. Most campsites mount the outlet box to a post. You must support the UMC otherwise the weight can be too much for the TT-30 plug. The relatively short blade design and can partially pull out of the receptacle. The one time I used it, I had to take a small load strap and wrap it around the post/box and adapter to hold the adapter to the receptacle. It worked but was less than Ideal. I broke down and bought the TT-30 UMC adapter after that experience. If you're willing to put up with the potential hassle, the adapter from AC connectors is half the price of the TT-30 UMC adapter. The TT-30 UMC adapter works perfectly because the hanging weight is straight down.

On the last leg of our return trip from Salida to Tucson and back, we stopped again at Alamosa. It was as expected with a new level V3 in terms of speed. The extra bonus was finding 1.5 blocks away an excellent NY style pizza and sandwich shop called My Brothers Place. See google maps for menus, photos and reviews. The temps meant even with charging in Alb and Santa Fe we needed 20 min in town, perfect for fueling the car and us.

Attachments

• 20231222_142811.jpeg
    20231222_142811.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 30
On the last leg of our return trip from Salida to Tucson and back, we stopped again at Alamosa. It was as expected with a new level V3 in terms of speed. The extra bonus was finding 1.5 blocks away an excellent NY style pizza and sandwich shop called My Brothers Place. See google maps for menus, photos and reviews. The temps meant even with charging in Alb and Santa Fe we needed 20 min in town, perfect for fueling the car and us.
In addition to the pizzas, they have good salads at My Brothers Place!