Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alcoa, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have time, it would be very helpful if you could search the county's permit database to see if you can locate a building or electrical permit, a dig ticket, or something of that nature. Sometimes information can be gleaned from town/city meeting minutes.

I did a quick search of those 7 reports for 2022 and found nothing.

While Tesla perhaps uses a consistent contractor nationwide for design drawings (used to be Black and Veatch, don't know about lately), they will totally use local contractors for a lot of the work, especially the civils like trenching and conduit and concrete, so we won't know their name.

I searched for "tesla" and "charg" (matches both "charging" and "charger"). I should have searched for "ev" too. One of those terms will likely appear in the project description.

Reactions: AudreyHTX1

Attachments

• C8AF11C0-9C63-43AB-AEF0-42CD5EACE1B8.jpeg
    C8AF11C0-9C63-43AB-AEF0-42CD5EACE1B8.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 508
Interesting location for a supercharger. This location is kind of in a (perceived) "run down" part of town without many amenities nearby. However, I think the intention for this location is to get a supercharger in the Maryville locale while also trying to get a convenient point for people travelling to the GSMNP. I would have expected it to be located right up the road in the new development across from the airport. The main road in that development is even called "Tesla Blvd". Would have been a better location IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN Mtn Man
There is a Buccees going in at exit 407 on I-40 that is going to be the largest convenience store on the planet. I fully expect it to have superchargers since Bucees and Tesla already have an agreement. But it's not on the Tesla map yet.

So I fully expect this one in Alcoa to be up and live before the Bucees at 407. The only question is will Alcoa get V3 or V4 stalls.

Both the MagicDock (Started install in US in Feb) and the V4 cables (started install in EU in Feb) could be reasons why they waited until now. It'd be nice to see this site go in with both of the new features.

By my calcs the Buc-ee’s at exit 497 should be open later this year if not summer. They’ve mentioned chargers for that location, just not what kind exactly. However so far they’ve only installed Tesla chargers at their locations.

The Luling TX location which broke ground last Nov will be a smidge larger than the exit 407 location.

Reactions: theothertom
hmm, it appears Buccees is using the largest ever title on multiple in construction projects since they will all be bigger than the currently open largest. PR at its finest.

Luling, TX is going to be over 75,000 square feet
Exit 407, TN is going to be over 74,000 square feet
New Braunfels, TX is 66,335 square feet and is already open

both to have 120 fuel pumps, remains to be seen how much is hype and which will be the biggest.