Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the consensus is a weekend meetup in Jan. Let's go for lunch at Red Robin. I think the Supercharger should be ready in two weeks but perhaps someone could ask a worker in person.

I'm going to be self-serving and vote for after the middle of Jan to increase the chances I get to see an X up close.
But I'm just an out-of-towner so the locals will probably have the spots taken all day :)
That and I'm quietly hoping one of the crews is off somewhere in Harrisburg working on the charger no one knows anything about yet so I can make it a 2-for-1 trip.
Happy Holidays Pennsylvania!

Looks like concrete is being poured and cured, the first pieces of the stations are up. There were guys still working at 5:30 when I arrived so I snapped a few distance shots on my phone.

IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

I don't own a Tesla yet, I live in NNJ and do a lot of driving to A-Town, Philly and Harrisburg. I'm basically waiting for the A-Town SC to open and sign off from the wife before I get the car. The A-Town SC will open up Harrisburg for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
I'm sure I won't be the only one--- but I couldn't make out what that huge rounded, building-sized object is in the background of the first photo. Is it some sort of parade balloon? Are they fumigating a building back there? Is it an art installation? It looks like a huge disembodied hand. Wait, it is a hand! Oh, it's the reflection of your hand in the window taking the photo! What a strange optical illusion. ;)

Yea, I'm not the best photographer in the world, I was kinda in a rush and just excited to see the progress :smile:

Thanks for sharing! I'm desperate for this charger to be up and running. If we have time, we might pop by this coming Sunday. It would really help if it was live but I guess it will be by the next time we head that way.

If you need a spouse sign off, just schedule a test drive. 15 minutes will change your life!

Ok guys I am really sorry but I think I'm going to have to de-list my HPWC thanks to yet another owner choosing to not take care of my equipment. This guy checked in under a generic plugshare name, took what he wanted then haphazardly wrapped the cord while letting the connector drag along the pavement scraping the crap out of the handle and through the standing water on my carport. If anyone needs a charge you can reach me here and we can work something out but at the risk of it being damaged before I can get my Model-S I must de-list my location. The lehigh valley supercharger will be up soon so hopefully this doesn't affect anyone's plans. Again my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys I am really sorry (snip) Again my apologies.

The only person who should be apologizing is that thoughtless and careless owner. This is really disappointing. I've seen a couple Tesla connectors that have been treated similarly and every time I'm amazed that anybody could be that careless. People need to realize that if this continues, sooner or later that charger is going to be unavailable, either temporarily while it can be repaired/replaced, or permanently as the owner or property owner decides not to bother.

I dunno, looked to me like he was taking alot of care to wrap up the cord nicely and just didn't notice that the connector was dragging on the ground. While dragging on the ground may scratch it, its never going to really hurt the connector.

I would take more care if someone was giving me free juice and helping out without anything in return, but it really looks like this guy was trying.

I have to agree with those who believe the guy might have been a tad oblivious but certainly not purposely careless or wantonly destructive. There are just those people who view the "plug end" of things to be a utilitarian type of thing.

The fact that he was trying coil the cord somewhat neatly indicates to me that on some level he was at least trying to be respectful of your property.

I would be tempted just to post a simple placard explaining your ground rules and the do's and don't for your generous setup.

I would be tempted just to post a simple placard explaining your ground rules and the do's and don't for your generous setup.

Not a bad idea, though don't expect 100% compliance with it either. Post a picture of how it looks when it's neat and tidy so maybe that will help people as well.

I have to agree though, I was expecting him to just drop it and run, not even coil it. I'm really anal myself, so I totally get where you're coming from. But he did try, but he's just not up to our standards. You're absolutely going to get that from some people (And worse, sometimes.)

EVSteve
Thanks for your investment and kindness
The decision about how to handle this is yours alone
Suspect this person was careless but not intentional
But I absolutely understand that you want folks to care for your stuff as you would
I like the idea of a sign with whatever verbiage you feel is warranted
Maybe this video will prompt the owner to contact you and apologize and wash your new Tesla for you for a year ( or maybe you don't want them near it!)
Need 10 excellent experiences at least to override a bad one. I count about 6 or so thus far in this thread. ("One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch ... Steve". M. Jackson )

:biggrin: