Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Altamonte Springs, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Starting to look like this one is ready to have its own thread.

Anyone following the "Anyone wondering about the 15 new superchargers in Florida?" has already seen this news, but I'll put it here so we can share updates as anyone hears anything.

On Facebook Blakeleigh Bagwell reports:
Altamonte Springs GMD county official confirms location in Renaissance shopping center near Whole Foods!!!! However, while expected to be approved, it hasn't been approved yet due to landscaping delay. They said "3 weeks is very optimistic". When asked if it will be before end of year, "probably the approval"

And some info Larry dug up about the shopping center (feel the need to point out on his behalf - he's just sharing info about the shopping center - I don't believe he is confirming anything about the supercharger location):

Altamonte Springs
Renaissance Centre
SR 436 & E. Altamonte Dr.,Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

383.png

Larry

I grew up in the area and will use this often visiting family (probably monthly). It's a terrific location and a valuable addition to the FL network. Literally off the top of my head, you can walk to:
-Starbucks
-Whole Foods
-Steak n Shake
-Jason's Deli
-Panda Express
-Denny's
-World of Beer
-Tabouli Grill
-Cold Stone
-Moe's (still there?)
-Jersey Mikes
-Five Guys
-Subway
-Publix
-Wing Stop
-Cranes Roost Park which had a regular food truck event as of a few years ago
-Miller's Ale House
-Seasons 52 (I think the 2nd one ever... Maybe the 3rd)
-Bahama Breeze

And I haven't even gotten to the big shopping mall and its attached movie theater.

Anyone in the area -- keep an eye out and post any markings painted in the parking lot!
Expect it to be real close to the starbucks.

Starting to look like this one is ready to have its own thread.

Anyone following the "Anyone wondering about the 15 new superchargers in Florida?" has already seen this news, but I'll put it here so we can share updates as anyone hears anything.

On Facebook Blakeleigh Bagwell reports:

And some info Larry dug up about the shopping center (feel the need to point out on his behalf - he's just sharing info about the shopping center - I don't believe he is confirming anything about the supercharger location):

I grew up in the area and will use this often visiting family (probably monthly). It's a terrific location and a valuable addition to the FL network. Literally off the top of my head, you can walk to:
-Starbucks
-Whole Foods
-Steak n Shake
-Jason's Deli
-Panda Express
-Denny's
-World of Beer
-Tabouli Grill
-Cold Stone
-Moe's (still there?)
-Jersey Mikes
-Five Guys
-Subway
-Publix
-Wing Stop
-Cranes Roost Park which had a regular food truck event as of a few years ago
-Miller's Ale House
-Seasons 52 (I think the 2nd one ever... Maybe the 3rd)
-Bahama Breeze

And I haven't even gotten to the big shopping mall and its attached movie theater.

Anyone in the area -- keep an eye out and post any markings painted in the parking lot!
Expect it to be real close to the starbucks.
Hi Seth,

Thanks for starting this thread. Since the proposal hasn't yet been approved I've added a question mark to the title.

Yes, I am not confirming any information regarding the approval of the Supercharger Station. I am merely providing a map of the proposed shopping mall.

As Seth requests, if you live nearby, please occasionally check out the Renaissance Centre for any construction work that may mark the location of the "Coming Soon" Altamonte Tesla Supercharger.

Larry

Altamonte Springs, FL

Along Primary Interstates: I-4
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-17
Along Secondary Interstates: None

I-4:
To: End (Daytona Beach, FL) - 41.2 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles

Neighbors:
St. Augustine, FL (I_4,I-95,FL-16): 98.9 miles
Port Orange, FL (I-4,I_95,FL-421): 46.0 miles
West Melbourne, FL (I-4,FL-408,FL-417,FL-528,I-95,FL-C516): 81.4 miles
Fort Drum, FL (I_4,FL-FT): 91.2 miles
Fort Myers, FL (I-4,FL-570,FL-540,US-17,FL-70,FL-31,FL-80,I-75,u): 176 miles
Orlando, FL (I-4,FL-408,FL-FT): 22.4 miles
Brandon, FL (I-4,I-75,FL-60): 89.0 miles
^Ocala, FL (I-4,FL-408,FL-FT,I-75,FL-200): 84.9 miles

^ Ignoring Orlando, FL

(Data from Supercharge.info, mapping Supercharge.info/Google Maps)

An I-4 Supercharger. _The_ I-4 Supercharger? Obvious value would be for people who need to visit Orlando, as well as for people who're traveling from North East Florida to Tampa.

I was in the area tonight for dinner and drove around. Didn’t see anything going on yet unfortunately. My guess for a spot is to the left of the Ulta as there are several “compact” parking spaces that they could convert over for tesla spaces.

I drove all round the Renaissance Center this afternoon, and saw no signs of construction, markings on the asphalt or cable locator flags. At 4pm the parking lot was rather busy except the isle halfway between Pei Wei and Pier 1 Imports. The spaces up against 436 were mostly vacant also.

Other than the traffic on 436, I think this is going to be an excellent location for Superchargers. But...No services or restrooms after 10pm!

I'll check back in 3-4 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: jelloslug
I drove all round the Renaissance Center this afternoon, and saw no signs of construction, markings on the asphalt or cable locator flags. At 4pm the parking lot was rather busy except the isle halfway between Pei Wei and Pier 1 Imports. The spaces up against 436 were mostly vacant also.

Other than the traffic on 436, I think this is going to be an excellent location for Superchargers. But...No services or restrooms after 10pm!

I'll check back in 3-4 weeks.
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your efforts.

Larry

I was in the area tonight for dinner and drove around. Didn’t see anything going on yet unfortunately. My guess for a spot is to the left of the Ulta as there are several “compact” parking spaces that they could convert over for tesla spaces.

As you said in your post that would be my guess for the location as well. I spent 20 mins or so exploring around this general area yesterday and didn’t see anything.

Reactions: jrichey and docherf
B4 Turkey day on my trip down I-95 l stopped to check on the Melbourne Florida Palm Bay SuperCharger progress and to take pictures that I posted for that TMC discussion. While there I was able to talk with the crew doing the install. They said they were a cell phone tower installation crew but contracted to do the Melbourne charger install and then go to Altamonte Springs to do that install next. They were almost done, but said Florida Power was behind with transformer and switching installation, along with meter.

I drove by on 1/1/18 and still no obvious work taking place.

There is a large construction dumpster in the middle of the lot near Pei Wei and some conduit along the side of the parking lot near SR 436, but that could be anything.

I'll try to get back in a couple of weeks to look for more clues.

Attachments

• IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    708.2 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Larry Chanin
I drove by on 1/1/18 and still no obvious work taking place.

There is a large construction dumpster in the middle of the lot near Pei Wei and some conduit along the side of the parking lot near SR 436, but that could be anything.

I'll try to get back in a couple of weeks to look for more clues.

Fingers crossed. That location is better than what others theorized (just west of the Ulta).

I had to go to the Apple store today, so I took a few minutes to swing through this parking lot. Unfortunately I didn’t see any signs of impending superchargers anywhere. The dumpster is still near pei Wei with no indication of what it’s there for.