Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Armidale, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Location - 11 West Avenue, Armidale NSW 2350
Scheduled opening - April / May 2023

Does anyone live in that area and have a video/phone update of the site and how it is progressing?

Armidale_Tesla_supercharger.png

Haven't been any reports of construction commencing.

The sites currently under construction were all listed as Q1 2023 (plus the recent find of Sutton's Forest).

Armidale is listed as a Q2 2023, so might still be a couple of months before anything starts.
(If it isn't delayed - sites are regularly shifted back)

Where did you get that address?

Previous info (from the NSW Grants database) and the information that Tesla had momentarily released some months back had suggested.
117 Jessie Street, Armidale NSW 2350

It seems you are correct and it is '117 Jessie Street, Armidale NSW 2350'. The address I listed incorrectly was from the Tesla website, but it does have a fine-print disclaimer that final location maybe different to one listed. Thanks for picking that up.

Armidale_supercharger.png

according to ABRP you can't get from Tamworth to Tenterfield without a recharge along the way (MY RWD),

In January I drove from Tamworth to Tenterfield starting with 100% charge as I knew it could be tight. No problem at all in MYRWD - can't remember the exact arrival SOC but was certainly not suffering from range anxiety when I arrived. The Tenterfield SC had not long opened so that was welcome. Charged to 100% again for the trip home to North Brisbane.

The Tesla website map had a temporary "glitch" as described here - Superchargers in Australia - which revealed a few addresses. Unfortunately they were all addresses that were already known!

Long story short, the implication is that Armidale has a good chance of seeing activity soon, so if anyone passing by, please keep an eye out. @Midnight Man has offered to take a look.

Edit: Only just noticed @cafz has replied to that post in this thread!

Reactions: RichardV
The Tesla website map had a temporary "glitch" as described here - Superchargers in Australia - which revealed a few addresses. Unfortunately they were all addresses that were already known!

Long story short, the implication is that Armidale has a good chance of seeing activity soon, so if anyone passing by, please keep an eye out. @Midnight Man has offered to take a look.

Edit: Only just noticed @cafz has replied to that post in this thread!
I live in armidale, as soon as I see any activity on the site I'll let folk know.

1702510103110.png

The kiosk sub shown above, pale blue box, is the likely connection point and would expect any works to start from here. If Tesla choose to add another sub this is the only high voltage connection point around the car park.
1702510317178.png

Shown above the sub has 71 connections currently with the cyan below showing the extent of those connections and also a relatively low peak of 260kVA for the 750kVA transformer. If Tesla stick with their planned 4 stalls for Armidale there looks to be sufficient capacity for a single ~330kVA v3 cabinet. But as we have seen recently Tesla have been installing more than their originally planned stalls. So expect maybe another sub to be installed if they use multiple v3 cabinets.
1702510236637.png