Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wagga Wagga, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A comment on Ludicrous Feed Live tonight suggested that the Wagga Wagga supercharger is under construction. The news was second hand so not 100% verified. I assume the location is the same as in the NSW Government grants (McDonalds/Caltex site, corner of Glenfield Rd/Fernleigh Rd).

I’m not sure how many TMC members are in this part of the world. But the first one there might get the scoop!

I assume the location is the same as in the NSW Government grants (McDonalds/Caltex site, corner of Glenfield Rd/Fernleigh Rd).
Would also check the Rules Club opposite. It was leaked as the address earlier last year before the government announcement.
Screenshot_20230616-003923.png

Plenty more parking spaces here than at the maccas site. Other addresses, eg Hay, have known to be slightly out. Though Bega looks oddly right but may yet change.

Would also check the Rules Club opposite. It was leaked as the address earlier last year before the government announcement.
1687153768920.png

Also the pin on the Tesla map is showing over that side of the corner of Fernleigh Rd and Glenfield Rd. Though it is showing in the pin location for the Rules Club Motel. It is possible it will be in the motel parking lot itself or in the common car park between the two.

Had a friend drive past Rules Club - nothing resembling a construction site that he could see.

Though he didnt drive into the carpark - just had a look driving past on Fernleigh.

He did say there was a big overflow dirt parking area at the end of the long dead end road which backs onto the Maher oval.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichardV and moa999
What would be the utility of a SC at Wagga?
Wagga is an intermediate stop for people driving to/from Adelaide. However the next big town west of Wagga is Mildura but thats over 500km west.
No SC is planned for Hay

Wagga to Bathurst via Young is 315km
The road south leads to Albury with its SC
the road East leads to Gundagai with its SC

If Wagga is the destination, then a destination charger is the better way to go.

I agree though the more DC infrastructure there is the better, but for now, I dont see the utility

What would be the utility of a SC at Wagga?
Wagga is an intermediate stop for people driving to/from Adelaide. However the next big town west of Wagga is Mildura but thats over 500km west.
No SC is planned for Hay

If Wagga is the destination, then a destination charger is the better way to go.
Wagga to Bathurst via Young is an easy 320km

Supercharger Hay, planning approval is well underway/done. From council meetings it seems like it is only now up to Tesla to complete construction and arrange grid connection.

• Informative
Reactions: Quickst
This pic was shared by @Gody71 in a couple of other threads - it's of the Quality Hotel 188 Fernleigh Rd. Next door (looks like a co-owned facility, or at the very least a shared car park) to the Rules Club (131-133 Fernleigh Rd) as discussed above which is across the road from the original NSW Govt grant approved location.

Notably it matches the "leaked" address from last year (as mentioned above!)

No Tesla specific hardware shown here, but it is a similar layout (looks like 5 stalls across the back, with excavation for a 6th "drive in" bay in the foreground). So I'm fairly confident this is the Wagga supercharger site officially in build. Any other thoughts?

1691215166630.png

Seems to be this part of the car park, going by the house in the background (thanks Google 3D birds eye view!)

1691215806332.png
1691215897900.png

Last edited:
I'm staying at the Rules club hotel tonight and just spoke to the Reception person who confirmed the above location in the car park is where the Tesla chargers are going. I think six chargers. It's a secured carpark though so not sure if there will be 24hour access. My Tesla is plugged into the Tesla destination charger at 12kw. Nice hotel.

Attachments

• PXL_20230805_072457672.jpg
    PXL_20230805_072457672.jpg
    549 KB · Views: 54
I'm staying at the Rules club hotel tonight and just spoke to the Reception person who confirmed the above location in the car park is where the Tesla chargers are going. I think six chargers. It's a secured carpark though so not sure if there will be 24hour access. My Tesla is plugged into the Tesla destination charger at 12kw. Nice hotel.
That's not too convenient if isn't 24 hour access, but at least it's something 👍

At the moment, the only accessible charger we have in Wagga is the NRMA charger the Tourist info centre and some destination chargers (I know there's dest. charger at the RSL). I just checked PlugShare and it looks like there will be one at the Middy's Electrical store.

I wish there was plan to put a SuperCharger in Young - It would make a little less stressful hoping the NRMA one in Young or Cowra was available that the time.

I think Cowra makes more sense in the short term than Young - it catches the traffic on the Lachlan Valley Way and the Mid-Western Hwy in addition to the Olympic Hwy.
Cowra is certainly getting a lot of attention, as observed by @RichardV in the NSW EV Charging thread - NSW EV charging master plan

Ignore my lack of NSW geographical knowledge! In any case, Cowra should have a lot of attention based on it's location (confluence of highways!)

Last edited:
That's not too convenient if isn't 24 hour access, but at least it's something 👍
The gate was open during daylight hours but locked after dark with access only for hotel guests via keycard. Pity they couldn't find some space in the club carpark. Reception didn't know how they were going to work it either. Can't see this working unless they make changes to the carpark.

Reactions: PcS000
I think Cowra makes more sense in the short term than Young - it catches the traffic on the Lachlan Valley Way and the Mid-Western Hwy in addition to the Olympic Hwy.

NRMA chargers at both Cowra and Young get a lot of checkins. I used Young once last year - it tripped after about 10 minutes and I had to unplug, re-holster, then start again for it to work. Current Plugshare reports indicate that is still happening. I tried to use the one at Cowra once, just because I was driving by and wanted to get my check-in count up 😄 (I didn’t actually need to charge), but someone turned up about 2 minutes before I did. And that was lunchtime on a weekday!

Reactions: PcS000