Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aurora, IL - IL-59

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there will finally be a Supercharger in the Naperville area. It’s right at the Meijer on Rt 59. Total 12 SC stalls plus 4 level 2 stalls.
And I saw a lot of new Tesla’s parked in where the old Land Rover dealer was on Jefferson. Possibly a new service center, too?!

3659DF4E-6E7F-40D9-B3D8-4CC7EAF55FA8.jpeg

It is in Aurora. Naperville is on the east side of Rt 59. It will be a lot closer than Bolingbrook which has had chargers out of use issues for quite a while. Faster than Woodman's North Aurora; hope it doesn't hurt Woodman's business.

I saw a lot of new Tesla’s parked in where the old Land Rover dealer was on Jefferson. Possibly a new service center, too?!

Sorry, but no. Would be nice, though. Naperville would be about the best demographic west of their Westmont SC. The good news is the newest western suburban Tesla SC is about to open on Ogden in Lisle, which was an old Hummer Dealership. How's that for karma?

Oddly, neither the Lisle Service and Sales Center or the Naperville Route 59 Supercharger (permit for now) locations are on the official tesla map yet.

That old Land Rover location on Jefferson and Ogden in Naperville is Current Automotive, which sells pre-owned electric and PHEV cars. Most of their business is used Teslas. Worth a visit.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
They stash their cars on Plaza Drive just east of Ty Warner Park. They supposedly clean cars at this location but they didn't do mine, even though they, including the cleaners in this building, knew more than 24 hrs before my appt (not EOQ). After introducing herself 15 minutes after the scheduled time, the delivery person disappeared for 45 minutes without explaining she went to get the car cleaned. They didn't even clean the leaves out of my vehicle after this 'cleaning'! Bounced around and ignored by 5 staff members for 3 hours in the heat; asked for a drink of water and was told they didn't have one! (We were told we had to wait in the non-air-conditioned service area.) Finally I asked if they had a cup that I could fill in the bathroom. The manager couldn't figure out how to take payment from more than one account so we wrote out 4 checks! Never got the extra key remote I ordered days before delivery and at delivery they dropped and gouged both remotes and were supposed to replace them. NOT. No follow through. Horrible service and haven't been back.
upload_2020-10-1_19-34-5.png

@ Jordanx So you picked up your car at Westmont? Sorry it went so badly. Many on this forum have been suggesting Schaumburg for deliveries, when possible. Not that this is an endorsement - for all I know they're the same as far as QC.

I've seen many car carriers loaded with Y's driving east on Roosevelt. Always wondered where they were all headed. Now I know they hook up with Ogden and drop them in Westmont there where you mentioned not far from the service center.

Not at all related to this thread, but I saw as perfect of a red Y Performance parked today as I've ever seen. Everything aligned exactly as it should be, and paint was perfect. I'm sure he'll see me in his video eyeing the car when he reviews the footage.

Last edited:
It is in Aurora. Naperville is on the east side of Rt 59. It will be a lot closer than Bolingbrook which has had chargers out of use issues for quite a while. Faster than Woodman's North Aurora; hope it doesn't hurt Woodman's business.

cant imagine it hurt woodmans' setup. i see people using woodmans' SC if they are right off 88 (which is ideal for alot of major travelers).

this meijer one is a bit more "tucked in" and south of 88.

We have been shopping at that North Aurora Woodman's for many years and never knew there was a SC on the south facing side until about a year ago when I saw it listed on the supercharging map. Even still, I haven't ventured to that side to look at it. Sometimes the most difficult things to see are in your own back yard.

@ Jordanx So you picked up your car at Westmont? Sorry it went so badly. Many on this forum have been suggesting Schaumburg for deliveries, when possible. Not that this is an endorsement - for all I know they're the same as far as QC.

I've seen many car carriers loaded with Y's driving east on Roosevelt. Always wondered where they were all headed. Now I know they hook up with Ogden and drop them in Westmont there where you mentioned not far from the service center.

Not at all related to this thread, but I saw as perfect of a red Y Performance parked today as I've ever seen. Everything aligned exactly as it should be, and paint was perfect. I'm sure he'll see me in his video eyeing the car when he reviews the footage.
Drove by future Lisle location last week, a van was parked in front and the front door was propped open. No one responded to our calling out and we didn't want to trespass. There was a dumpster in the parking lot. Looks like it will be a nice facility and closer than Schaumburg.

Shows in the app, but no stalls available. We were at a high SOC, but it charged at normal speeds for our battery condition. No charge for the charge today!

Attachments

• PXL_20201031_173202129.jpg
    PXL_20201031_173202129.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 55