Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - 5601 Brodie Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

New Design Intake for a Supercharger at Sunset Valley Village. Applicant is a Tesla representative

Sunset 2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and brkaus
I certainly won't complain about more options in Austin proper - but I feel like the real gaps in coverage are in the inbound / outbound routes... particularly those to the N and W (e.g. Temple, Johnson City, Fredericksburg, Brownwood, Lampasas, et cetera).

Reactions: CarlS
Wow, when all the permitted sites are fully opened, there will be 16 Supercharger suites in the Austin area! (from Cedar Park to Kyle)

I thought "that's got to be as dense as any California neighborhood" and I just looked - but San Francisco has 44 Supercharger sites in the same size area!!!

• Funny
Reactions: TexasDuke
@MarcoRP Can you please avoid naming sites after malls instead of their locality?
That is its locality though and is better than its address for locating it.
Its even more important when you come to find the thing.
Looking for 5601 Brodie Lane while driving impossible - but looking for a gigantic Sunset Valley Village sign is much easier :D

That is its locality though and is better than its address for locating it

According Google Maps Sunset Valley Village is located in Sunset Valley, TX. Tesla are using the locality to name sites, not names of malls. If there are more than one site in the same locality, as is the case here, Tesla usually adds a hyphen and the street name. Using any other convention is just confusing.

Are there formatting rules or limitations?

couple suggestions

Austin, TX - Sunset Valley
Austin, TX - Sunset Valley Village

Tesla Findus has it as "Austin, TX - West" although that could be applicable to the 6 other permits in that vicinity.
Technically Sunset Valley is its own city, so no real need to add Austin in front of it. The "problem" here is the naming of the site based on business (mall) name instead of the street it's on, even though both SV sites are on Brodie Lane.

According Google Maps Sunset Valley Village is located in Sunset Valley, TX. Tesla are using the locality to name sites, not names of malls. If there are more than one site in the same locality, as is the case here, Tesla usually adds a hyphen and the street name. Using any other convention is just confusing.
By that definition it should all be Austin, because Sunset Valley is in Austin ;)
Seriously though - theres already a site for Sunset Valley
As you can see its on the same road, so this name needs to be more specific to differentiate.

The main thing is that you stick "Sunset Valley Village" into google or whatever mapper is your choice - it will come up with the location correctly.