Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Transformer in! Awaiting final Tesla inspection
I'm not sure what you saw Friday ....
but the Austin Energy Transformer is not there
as of 11am 9/6.

IMG_0680.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: stevo1100
No I'm pretty sure they are there.... I'll post a pic in a second... I haven't been there in person, just sent a pic from my buddy who works for tesla saying "cables are up and transformers in, awaiting inspection."

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Completely agree with the above. The white cabinets are the supercharger inverter stacks, the grey cabinets are the power distribution centers, and on 9/6 the transformer pad was empty, lacking the green transformer which will look very much like the one in SapphireX's post. Unfortunately, waiting for days to weeks for the utility company transformer is a common occurrence. After the transformer is installed, watch for the telltale signs that the Tesla supercharger tech/bunny/fairy has visitied: numbered stickers on the base of each charging bollard and the red glow of their logos.

If you see a transformer like the one in jdo's post, I find the best thing to do is just wait for it to get bored and leave.

Last edited:
Man, I just got skooled! That's what I get for listening to a salesperson rather than someone with electrical skillz...

I'm starting to doubt everything this guy told me.... I mean what's next? Was he lying when he told me Elon hand built my car and installed FSD himself on a hidden easter egg? I knew I shouldn't have sent money to a Tesla Nigerian Prince Salesperson....