Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re: Getting a charge out new Austin SC on first evening of operation 11-30-2017!
IMG_4434.JPG

I don't know why it makes me so happy to see an operational SC station in Austin, considering it's far more convenient for me to charge at home, but nevertheless it does.
I think it is a huge benefit in case one needs to head out of town unexpectedly.

It is also a great help to the I-35 corridor. It gives much more flexibility with San Marcos, Austin, Waco, and Italy to share the load.

It of course does risk being overrun by locals, much like the California sites.

I’ll stick with charging at home. The closest I ever typically get is 5 miles in normal travel. So that’s now my emergency stop.

I think it is a huge benefit in case one needs to head out of town unexpectedly.

It is also a great help to the I-35 corridor. It gives much more flexibility with San Marcos, Austin, Waco, and Italy to share the load.

It also will take some pressure off San Marcos and Columbus. I don't think Flatonia has had problems with crowding, but this also will help prevent any in the future.

Hot dog! It will be nice to have something in Austin for when we're heading out to the hill country. We won't have to be quite so concerned, if we are willing to go a bit out of the way. It provides options and flexibility, if nothing else.

I don't know why it makes me so happy to see an operational SC station in Austin, considering it's far more convenient for me to charge at home, but nevertheless it does.

I am also happy that we have a SC in Austin. I will drop by when I am close to put on a few miles so I can say that I have charged there. I have solar panels on my house that takes care of 100% of my electrical needs so charging at the Austin SC frequently is not something that I will do. It is definitely more convenient to charge at home.

Reactions: vrykolas
was wondering the same thing. taking delivery end of the month, should I have them put the bracket on the front?
It comes with it on. I think you may have to take it off yourself (other thread somewhere here).

Do note the design of the front end carefully. Without the front plate bracket, the front most part of the car is the edge of the hood. Be careful about being bumping something (or getting bumped).

With my old car the plate simply fell off. I was never stopped in Austin. But did get stopped on I35 by state troopers.