Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baltimore, MD - McHenry Row

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1D0C3C08-FF5A-4A24-AAA0-24D2BDFAB69A.jpeg
Looks like another one. Baltimore, MD near the intersection of E Fayette St & N Calvert.

Not even bothering to copy and paste... same as the Washington one, it's identical to the Find Us Tesla Map.

Someone is just reporting the Name Pins as gospel when they are nothing but a loose idea that someday something may be within five miles... I'm going to see if there's an easy way to dispute an amenity on google maps. :D

Totally bogus. That is a block from where I work. Courthouse on two sides and office buildings on the other. No way to put a supercharger there. There is an open air lot to the east a bit (South and Fayette), but not where the pin is, and it would have to be a pay to park situation, as that is a very crowded and busy surface lot.

Downloaded an app this weekend "Superchargers" This gives information on the coming soon sites, some listed as "Permit" or "underconstruction". None of the coming soon are captured.

For Example there is one in GaithersBurg MD status contruction 24 Grand Corner Avenue. On Tesla that is just listed as coming soon.

The coming soon in the Baltimore are not on the APP which has me thinking they are still just a guess.

Only had the app a couple days will keep an on it to see How accurate it is or if Baltimore/DC chargers come online with a status.

It sounds like that app gets its data from supercharge.info, which has crowdsourced data mostly from Tesla Motors Club, sometimes from Reddit, Twitter, or Facebook. Baltimore and other "Coming Soon" sites are not listed until someone finds evidence that a specific site has been selected. More than 95% of sites in North America are discovered and put on supercharge.info in permit and/or construction status before they go live.

Yeah..... Duh.... if you google Baltimore and choose the map, the pin is at the intersection of Fayette and Calvert Sts. Just like any city, it represents the center of town.

Funny - when I lived there as a kid the center was the intersection of Charles and Baltimore St. (that's where the street numbers zero out and west becomes east while north becomes south)

In any case - just a marker.

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 7.59.58 PM.png

The Tesla "Find Us" page was updated last night and Baltimore (as well as Annapolis & Springfield, VA) were changed to "Target opening in Summer 2018."

With construction at Springfield being almost done, I wonder if Baltimore and Annapolis are permitted and ready to start. Perhaps they are even under construction now and nobody has found them yet. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: mrjwen and boaterva
View attachment 304088

The Tesla "Find Us" page was updated last night and Baltimore (as well as Annapolis & Springfield, VA) were changed to "Target opening in Summer 2018."

With construction at Springfield being almost done, I wonder if Baltimore and Annapolis are permitted and ready to start. Perhaps they are even under construction now and nobody has found them yet. ;)
Annapolis has been found. There is a thread on it here. It appears as if the equipment has been delivered there, and construction will start soon. I don't think anyone has spotted the Baltimore one yet. The Annapolis one is on the outskirts of the city center (oof the highway) So I am guessing that the Baltimore Supercharger will not be downtown. Just a guess. Out by I-83 or I-95 would make more sense.

So now the Map shows the following planned Baltimore area locations: Halethorpe, Hanover, Elkridge, Baltimore and Rossville (new). And yet despite the gaping hole in the supercharger map, there does not seem to be any indicator that any of these stations are anywhere near even initial construction. Anyone have any info on any of these? (For the record, Rossville and Hanover say 2019)