Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barrie, ON (2nd site on Bayfield St)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0905.jpg
This was just uploaded to the Tesla Model 3 FB group. Barrie has a supercharger already but from a little google searching this looks different. Anyone know more about this?

That is wild! 20 stalls popped up in Barrie and nobody noticed!
And I would find it very annoying that they added additional stalls in Barrie, or completely rebuilt the site, when we are waiting for a bunch of other locations that could make road trips much easier like Ottawa, Sudbury and North Bay to name three. I have only been to the Barrie SC once but I don't remember it being that close to a building, unless the strip mall has been expanded a lot.

This was just uploaded to the Tesla Model 3 FB group. Barrie has a supercharger already but from a little google searching this looks different. Anyone know more about this?

Nice to see my photo from last night making the rounds :)

Yes, that is a twenty (20) stall Supercharger site across the road from the Georgian Mall on Bayfield Street in Barrie which is in addition to the one at Park Place. Here are a couple of additional shots:
20171023_003509146_iOS.jpg
20171023_003534411_iOS.jpg

And I would find it very annoying that they added additional stalls in Barrie, or completely rebuilt the site, when we are waiting for a bunch of other locations that could make road trips much easier like Ottawa, Sudbury and North Bay to name three. I have only been to the Barrie SC once but I don't remember it being that close to a building, unless the strip mall has been expanded a lot.

It's probably a lot easier on the permitting side to expand, than it is for a new site. I'm glad Canada is getting some late 2017 love!

Wow - does that make Barrie the first municipality to have two SCs? All before there is even one SC within 100km of our nation's capital.

Strange that this is a priority over all of the other locations?

This raises a few other questions:
  1. How come nobody saw this until yesterday? It isn't like this is a low-traffic location? Do we not have any Tesla owners in Barrie?
  2. Does this mean that other "expansions" will actually be second locations in the same town/city? Like Woodstock for example?

Hopefully the mods can move some content here from one of the other threads.

There is a 20 stall SC at approximately 454 Bayfield St in Barrie. It appears to be pretty much fully constructed from the pictures taken by mknox. This is in addition to the existing SC site that is a bit south of the city.

Is this the first SC site in Canada with 20 stalls?
img_0905-jpg.255569

Yes, I would like to see some of those routes filled in as well, and would actually prefer to see the emphasis on more rural sites as opposed to all of the urban infrastructure being proposed... but I see why they're doing that.

Barrie is kind of mid-way between the GTA and Muskoka and is also on the way to the Collingwood ski areas. I have had had to wait in line at the existing Barrie Supercharger on weekend cottage runs to Muskoka, and otherwise usually find it at or near capacity when I'm there. Way and by far the busiest Supercharger site I've personally been to. I think Tesla is just responding to demand here.

The Barrie Park Place Mall is not bad, but the placement of the superchargers there is horrible in that it is a LONG walk to the restaurants near the site. This new site is much better in that regard.

Not really. It's just about 1 km off of Hwy 400.
Yeah - and a lot of people take this route to Collingwood as Bayfield St is Hwy 26 which runs between Barrie and Collingwood. Maybe things have changed recently but I don't think of Barrie as a high density city where people can't get parking because they have an intransigent condo board or they park on the street.