Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Patience everyone!!

Still no information where a Supercharger in this area may go as of today 10/26/2016. I know we are anxious to have Superchargers along I-10/I-20 from Casa Grande AZ to Dallas TX and San Antonio TX.

I'm thinking Tucson AZ, Benson AZ, Deming NM, El Paso/Socorro TX, Van Horn TX, Midland/Odessa TX on to Dallas for I-20.

Anyone know I-10 through west Texas well enough to suggest cities that would work for the route from Van Horn TX on to San Antonio TX?

These are the Rated Mile usage estimates I got from EVTripPlanner for my Classic S60 (speed multiplier 1, no wind):

Between Junction and Ozona (92 miles)
112 RM westbound
103 RM eastbound​
Between Ozona and Ft. Stockton (108 miles)
129 RM in either direction,​
Between Ft. Stockton and Van Horn (120 miles)
137 RM westbound
121 RM eastbound​
Between Van Horn and El Paso (121 miles)
124 RM westbound
126 RM eastbound​

The 2017 Tesla Supercharger map looks like the Benson Supercharger may not come to fruision. The 'dot' seems now moved a bit closer to Willcox AZ. Another 'dot' near Deming NM and Las Cruces NM (Hilton Garden), then onto El Paso TX etc.

Future traveling along what is now a supercharging desert appears to be from Casa Grande AZ, Willcox AZ, Deming NM, Las Cruces NM,(north to Truth or Consequences) (east to) El Paso TX, Van Horn,TX, >> Fort Stockton TX/Midland TX >>>, to Ozona TX/Sweetwater TX onward. I guess we will have to look more closely at Willcox AZ/Deming NM.

I emailed Tesla about restablishing the supercharger in Benson. The new location in Wilcox is not going to work for most SE Arizonans. Tesla replied and said they were going to look into it. Maybe they will listen if enough people reach out to :)

I don't know if this is good news or bad news but it is confirmed on the new supercharger map (released after a blog post in April) that the supercharger will be installed in Wilcox, AZ. I have attached a screen shot of the listing on the map. Seems inefficient because of its odd location, as Benson would make more sense for traveling southeast. Nevertheless, it's still good to see the precise city and it says it will be open by the end of 2017. Also, keep in mind Tucson is also getting a supercharger that would be really close to Benson, creating too small of a gap. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.16.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.16.51 PM.png

Three superchargers needed to close I-10; Ocean to Ocean. Willcox, AZ, Deming, NM and Fort Stockton, TX. ANYONE traveling along this route please plan a little extra time to investigate Willcox AZ at the I-10 and West Tex Allan Dr areas including the new Holiday Inn Express Inn. Stop by City Hall and ask the planning department where the supercharger will be located. I've tried to reach them by phone but no one answers. Messages left. I'll call Deming tomorrow to see if the City has plans yet etc. As far as traveling I-10 once these are completed we should be fine. Casa Grande AZ makes it effortless to reach Willcox AZ and Deming NM is only 133 miles further to the east with El Paso West only another 93 miles away. Then on to Van Horn TX and Fort Stockton,TX.. {once completed}. Which city will get the Golden Spike? Let's hope all three open on the same day!! .....and maybe, just maybe..... they are already under construction and we have just been truant in our duties to go out in the wild and locate them.

Last edited: