Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bishop, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by and grabbed a pic today. Stalls going in.

CF358D47-F748-4672-B7F3-3A5F09287BF0.jpeg

Last edited:
I am really upset and excited about this site. As happy as I am that it is going in, I am disappointed that not going to have much use of it until I get an upgraded S. I still have to stop at both Mojave and LP in order to make the climb. I guess if I get a bigger charge in Mojave, I can perhaps make Bishop, but that makes for a much longer charge in Mojave. So, I guess it depends on how much shopping I do at Stater Bros!
Once I upgrade my S, I should be able to make Bishop from West LA. I have one year left on my lease. Darn it.

I am really upset and excited about this site. As happy as I am that it is going in, I am disappointed that not going to have much use of it until I get an upgraded S. I still have to stop at both Mojave and LP in order to make the climb. I guess if I get a bigger charge in Mojave, I can perhaps make Bishop, but that makes for a much longer charge in Mojave. So, I guess it depends on how much shopping I do at Stater Bros!
Once I upgrade my S, I should be able to make Bishop from West LA. I have one year left on my lease. Darn it.

I am assuming you have a 75D if you started the lease 2 years ago. you might still make it faster even with 3 stops now with a shorter charge at LP and a top off in Bishop

I am assuming you have a 75D if you started the lease 2 years ago. you might still make it faster even with 3 stops now with a shorter charge at LP and a top off in Bishop
True. 75D. Can’t take advantage of the 250kW charging and max 244 range. I stopped by my local showroom today and they told me they are not working with people who want an early upgrade, especially if I have a year left. Blah!

2 stations along the OC to Mammoth route open in one week. Gonna be great! Looking forward to charging at both of them next Wednesday night.

I think I can make the trip in under 5 hours now, done it 4:45 in the ICE and 5:13 in the Tesla mostly within the law.

I hate to say this because I'm very grateful for the new chargers but can we get Kramer Junction next? That would fill in that whole route nicely.

The new v3's on 395 are great. I drove to the Lone Pine charger in 2 hours 40 minutes and it took all of 7 minutes to charge from 67-132 rated miles. At Bishop it took 15 minutes to charge from 54 to 196 rated miles. I was actually in Bishop over an hour because I walked the 12 minutes to Schat's and then had dinner across the street at Texas BBQ. So I was fully charged at 361 rated miles when I left Bishop and will only need to charge my last evening at Mammoth.

On the return I will likely make it to the new Palmdale v3.

With Model S Raven if you're trying to get to Mammoth efficiently from the Valley or Glendale/Pasadena it will take no more than 20 minutes in charge time at Lone Pine or Lone Pine + Bishop. My old S90D required 45 minutes at Lone Pine.

The new v3's on 395 are great. I drove to the Lone Pine charger in 2 hours 40 minutes and it took all of 7 minutes to charge from 67-132 rated miles. At Bishop it took 15 minutes to charge from 54 to 196 rated miles. I was actually in Bishop over an hour because I walked the 12 minutes to Schat's and then had dinner across the street at Texas BBQ. So I was fully charged at 361 rated miles when I left Bishop and will only need to charge my last evening at Mammoth.

On the return I will likely make it to the new Palmdale v3.

With Model S Raven if you're trying to get to Mammoth efficiently from the Valley or Glendale/Pasadena it will take no more than 20 minutes in charge time at Lone Pine or Lone Pine + Bishop. My old S90D required 45 minutes at Lone Pine.
Yep. My 75D takes 45 minutes each and every time to get up the hill. On my last trip, I tried to do what you did: charge at LP until the rate dropped and I had sufficient charge to get to Bishop, where I charged again. That did not work out as a time saver. The problem with my S is that it does not take advantage of the 250 kW stations. On top of that, my max charge is only 240. On the plus side, I have only 8 months left on my lease.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
The the changes to TMC, I was missing several watched threads. I went back in time to make sure I was up to date, and found a thread asking about traveling from LA to Mammoth and found my response to this way back in 2013. My how things have changed:
I started a thread on this here (Mods, please merge)

Basically, until the SC's get installed, RV parks are you only choice. Also, there is no good option to charge while in Mammoth, unless you have private access to a garage with power. You'll definitely need it as you'll burn some juice up the hill. There is an RV park in Mammoth whom I spoke with a couple of weeks ago. They were utterly confused by my request. They max at 30 Amps during the winter, as their 50 Amp slots are not paved and only open in the summer. This is all a PITA to get up there, but I hope to do it myself. Personally, I wouldn't do it until the SC's are in.