Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blacksburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently Buc-ees is expanding into Virginia… they have a partnership with Tesla so hopefully see more stops opening up next year.

Has anyone confirmed it is live? It is not yet showing on the Tesla app, and that typically happens very quickly these days.
If it is not on the app, it's not live. @theflyer is correct that they are almost simultaneous these days. When they provision and turn on the site, it sends the "i'm on" signal to the mothership which then adds it to the app. Car Nav update takes longer.

Reactions: theflyer
It’s live guys
Confirmed
1708882213567.png

1708882266314.png

Apps not showing it

Was supposed to be 2/29 officially

The enthusiasm comes from a span of 100 miles only had one pathetic level 3 charger working at 30 kw
The town and Christiansburg are covered with many 6 kw level 2 chargers
But only one level 3

Now we have a real Tesl supercharger
Enthusiasm warranted. The other commenter's point was that using "historic" was a bit hyperbolic. The first six supercharger locations were historic. The first time we could drive coast to coast via the supercharger network was historic. The opening of the supercharger network to other EVs was/will be historic. The coming coalescence around the NACS charging standard is historic.

That said, no one is denying how important and beneficial this location is for the folks in and around Blacksburg.

Entering a closed lot isn't exactly open which is why this isn't showing up in the Tesla app or on the website. They don't want anyone using it until the lot is ready. Were there an obvious gates or fences you passed through to to the chargers?

@Big Earl not quite ready for prime time?
Project manager said opening day is 02/29. We've waited so long, what's a few more days? Almost there!

This will definitely make the trip for football games MUCH easier as I don't have to charge for the trip up the mountain and back down. Definitely looking forward to that! Been making the trips since '18, so this is without a doubt a warm welcome and probably my last truly needed location.

Reactions: theflyer
Also still a little surprised that they didn't choose Christiansburg over Blacksburg for those not stopping in Blacksburg but just driving I-81. Would be a much better location for those just traveling through. Selfishly the location works great for me, but I would have had no issue stopping in Christianburg. Relatively easy on / easy off.

Also still a little surprised that they didn't choose Christiansburg over Blacksburg for those not stopping in Blacksburg but just driving I-81. Would be a much better location for those just traveling through. Selfishly the location works great for me, but I would have had no issue stopping in Christianburg. Relatively easy on / easy off.
Which also makes it interesting because Christiansburg is a top 30 location thats being voted on right now. Tesla should probably have the coming soon Blacksburg location on this map...

1708959245981.png

Reactions: PStewart