Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Blaine, WA - Boblett St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it strange that this location is not on the Tesla.com/findus map. Why wouldn't they want to be showing off how many new locations are in work?
The last time that I saw any future sites added to Tesla's map was almost a year ago (except perhaps for the top sites in the Supercharger Voting process). There may be limited value for Tesla showing locations that they hope to build but, as you suggest, there seems to be some upside to show sites that are actually under construction. Locations that Tesla shows in their Supercharger voting process does give some indication of locations that they are thinking about.

16 v4 pedestals. Transformer, cabinets, and switch box in place. AFAICT the only thing left to do is gardening, drainage work, and trash cans mounted.
1000000032.jpg
1000000031.jpg
1000000030.jpg

Somebody arranged, but didn't mount, the trash cans. Many plastic bots with dead-looking plants, sitting on raw dirt. Otherwise no change. It seems a waste to have all this work and capital sitting unusable. Waiting on a connection, permit, or inspection? Did all the electricians of western Washington decide to spend February at Waikiki?

Somebody arranged, but didn't mount, the trash cans. Many plastic bots with dead-looking plants, sitting on raw dirt. Otherwise no change. It seems a waste to have all this work and capital sitting unusable. Waiting on a connection, permit, or inspection? Did all the electricians of western Washington decide to spend February at Waikiki?
Transformer is new since the latest round of pictures. Could just be waiting on Tesla to turn on.

Why would it be waiting on someone from Tesla to turn it on? I'm thinking it's the electric utility.
Typically the last action before a site goes live is a visit by Tesla staff (probably to check and test site). Not sure for this site if anyone has confirmed that the meter is in place; often times on one of the tall white equipment cabinets. If the meter is there it is also nice to know if there is power to the meter (is the display working?).

Thanks for the update, but I am skeptical of this claim!
Our rate in Birch Bay is $0.09/kWh at home. Glad to see these coming to Blaine. I guess the rate will be close to the same as the other Supercharger at the Birch Bay turnoff on i5, which is $0.35/kWh. We have a much lower rate just across the border in South Surrey (1) $0.17/kWh CA$ and (2) $0.25kWh CA$. Vancouver area has the lowest Supercharger rates in all of Canada.

Reactions: CFinVancouver