Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomington, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, these sites under construction can take a LONG time to complete. If you look at the supercharge.info page on construction right now Bloomington, IN is at 62 days. There are 22 sites in the US alone that have been in construction longer. Including 4 over 150 days. Lets hope it doesn't take this one that long, but it's possible.

• Informative
Reactions: btownalset
Yes, these sites under construction can take a LONG time to complete. If you look at the supercharge.info page on construction right now Bloomington, IN is at 62 days. There are 22 sites in the US alone that have been in construction longer. Including 4 over 150 days. Lets hope it doesn't take this one that long, but it's possible.
There are many more than that. At least 13 sites under construction over 150 days, and one in Canada. Supercharge Info’s charts are faulty, showing only half the data.

• Informative
There are many more than that. At least 13 sites under construction over 150 days, and one in Canada. Supercharge Info’s charts are faulty, showing only half the data.
The chart actually shows time bars for *all* the sites, but only lists half of them by name--i.e. some bars don't have the name explicitly mentioned, you have to hover over the bar to see where it's for--presumably because of spacing issues.

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
Work is going on right now. Cables are coming out of the ground where the cabinets are located.

D8CE1066-F1B7-4792-8401-46C3A9532168.jpeg

Maybe a lot of progress will be made this weekend and into early next week. ;)

Yay! On my regular 1200 mi roundtrip journeys between Atlanta and Btown, I like to take I-69 from somewhere north of Jasper
Outstanding. We will be going on a campus visit 1st week of March. Looks like we may have a SC ready to use. Rather then getting a full charge in Indianapolis before heading on to Bloomington.

And the lone Destination Charger in Btown (Grant St. Inn) has (finally!) been repaired!

I definitely wouldn't count on the info from some random "grocery store person." :)

In fairness to the grocery store person, he did say they weren’t on while the Duke Energy person (local electricity company) who was parked in the lot said that they were on. I plugged in and the grocery store person was right...not on. I don’t know if it’ll be on or not around March 1st...but I’ll be checking :)

I stopped by yesterday. Everything looks ready but the power. I didn't see a permit tag on any of the equipment (and I don't know if that's a thing for commercial connections) so maybe just waiting on the inspector to sign off.

I don't know much about v3 superchargers, but this is the rating sticker on one of the two supercharger cabinets:
IMG_20200220_174049.jpg

And the door of the cabinet has this:
IMG_20200220_174054.jpg

I would have to assume that the Post DC Output of 250kW is per supercharger post, not aggregate. The input power is more interesting. 430A max input means it pretty much has to be on 480V and not one of the other allowable voltages to get the full 350kVA (sqrt(3)*430A*480V = 357.5kVA) but I still don't see how that gets you all 4 posts @ 250kW. I thought V3 didn't have to powershare? If so, we'll need to pay attention to the new sharing scheme (1A-D/2A-D not 1AB/2AB/etc). And I have no idea how this squares with the posts themselves being rated for 350A...

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_173941.jpg
    IMG_20200220_173941.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Informative
Off topic, but get ready to fall in love with IU!!!

It has been along time since I was there. I road tripped to IU for little 500 back in 1986 when I was in college. One of the best college weekends I ever had. My wife and I also drove through one afternoon back in like 1989, but dont remember much. I know the campus is supposed to be beautiful.

It is my son who needs to fall in love with IU. He has been accepted, but although I know he isnt admitting it I know he is worried that the football program wont have the gameday experience that his brothers have had at Wisconsin and Michigan State. He could go to Michigan State and havent heard back from Wisconsin yet. He really wants to go somewhere his brothers didnt. He played High School football and although he has no intention to play any longer he wants the game day experience to be a big deal on Saturdays in the fall.

I would suggest that the numbers that indicate this is a Version 3 supercharger are the ones under "POST DC Output". There is shows "Output Power 250 kW", "Output Voltage Range 0-500v" and "Output Current 631A".

Therefore, dividing 250 kW by 632 amps gives you a voltage of 396. That is within the rated voltage range of 0 to 500, and the rated voltage of a Tesla battery.

Looking forward to a quick charge in Bloomington.