Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bothell, WA - 201st Place Southeast (LIVE 21 Mar 2024, 12 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know, WA hasn't awarded Tesla any money for DC fast charging.

It does look like some money has been given out to other charging providers/projects though. For example, here's an awards announcement from late 2023: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-10/23-25-WSDOT-ZEVIP-NOPA-REVISED.pdf. Unfortunately, it doesn't say if Tesla was one of the applicants who did not receive an award, but I doubt they were given the status of the Supercharger network at that point in time.

With regards to NEVI specifically, I can't find any announcements that list applicants/winners of that money. However, I would think that should be happening soon based off of the timelines indicated in this document: https://wsdot.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2023-09/WSDOT-NEVI-Plan-Update.pdf
As far as I know, the only reason for the screens is access to govt funding. It is not required for Tesla or any of the aumakers running charging through the Tesla app. It is strictly for “pay at the pump” type charging which is mandated for many of the programs but not by any type of charging group.

No government money, Washington State signed laws that require all new charging infrastructure installed in the state to be open to the public. So Tesla is now only installing V4 superchargers with Magic Dock and credit card readers. Grandfathered locations like Sammamish will not require retrofits but all future sites must be accessible to the public. This rule takes affect Jan 1, 2025 but chargers installed beyond Jan 1, 2024 must comply. So going forward only V4 installs will be permitted in Washington State. This information came from someone very close to these projects with lots of knowledge. This is the same reason why Washington installs have been exclusively V4 since start of the year and many sites have been sitting without their posts. There is a massive backlog on V4 posts but because they're now required it means they're waiting. They also mentioned early V4 sites like Wilsonville will likely never have their credit card readers enabled as the credit card readers are exclusive to NEVI funded sites and/or states like WA that require it. :)
Do you have a reference for this? V3 sites can be and are open to the public. You need the Tesla app but they are open to the public. Same for V3 with Magic Dock. Or is the state requiring “pay at the pump” compatibility like NEVI funding and in CA?

Yeah, and even at that only select partners at this time. (Ford and Rivian) But almost all OEMs are partners and will get access "soon". (Other than Stellantis, and some smaller ones like VinFast, McLaren, etc.)
@ImScotty I am still interested in the reference that WA state will only allow new chargers that are open to the public.
No government money, Washington State signed laws that require all new charging infrastructure installed in the state to be open to the public.

@ImScotty I am still interested in the reference that WA state will only allow new chargers that are open to the public.
I am not entirely sure what specific ruling was being referenced. I am only passing along information I received from a credible source. Whether you trust this information or not isn't up to me unfortunately. It could be a few months before any of this transpires but the credit card readers are now required in the Washington State according to a source close to the matter. This forces Tesla to utilize the V4 posts going forward on all new builds in Washington State. Sorry I cannot provide you more concrete information on this. For now, take what I've stated and interpret it for yourself. I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't credible. :/

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and KJD
I am not entirely sure what specific ruling was being referenced. I am only passing along information I received from a credible source. Whether you trust this information or not isn't up to me unfortunately. It could be a few months before any of this transpires but the credit card readers are now required in the Washington State according to a source close to the matter. This forces Tesla to utilize the V4 posts going forward on all new builds in Washington State. Sorry I cannot provide you more concrete information on this. For now, take what I've stated and interpret it for yourself. I wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't credible. :/
If it’s a law or resolution or something from the government that has been passed it’s public record. They cant just enact secret things. This isn’t Russia. If you are being fed insider government information that is upcoming that’s one thing, saying it is currently being enforced without any backup information doesn’t work. Whether or not I agree with the government on this matter is something else. What you are suggesting is a government operating in secret and enforcing things that haven’t been presented to the public.

Active for a week and scheduled for inspection tomorrow. 🤔
1711603542792.png