Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Shoreline, WA (Under Construction Aug 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Workers taking a break. Big metal thing is placed.
1000008248.jpg
1000008249.jpg

The concrete pad itself supports the transformer. The metal tray around the pad is HAZMAT containment in the event the transformer ever leaks oil. I’ve never seen this type of containment used for a utility transformer, and I’ve never seen a transformer leak oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Astrochimp
The concrete pad itself supports the transformer. The metal tray around the pad is HAZMAT containment in the event the transformer ever leaks oil. I’ve never seen this type of containment used for a utility transformer, and I’ve never seen a transformer leak oil. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just posted in Seattle 45th before I saw this. . Transformer most for containment as I hav surmised and @Big Earl confirmed.
1711169960687.png

Tesla's website now shows this station as opening soon with a target of 2024. Shoreline wasn't on this map a couple weeks ago. Also, I noticed they're targeting another 3 stations with a 2nd Northgate, Ballard and Bellevue locations.
View attachment 1038061
This is pretty much just showing stations under construction now as the grey coming soon. There might be one or two that haven’t started but I think it at least means a permit has been approved/issued.