Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Shoreline, WA (Under Construction Aug 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here we are, more than three weeks later. some paving and striping to open up some parking spaces. (Obviously, that's not my car.) I wonder how long this site will snooze.
Shoreline SC 1.jpg
Shoreline SC 2.jpg
Shoreline SC 3.jpg

Pictures from this morning show ongoing work! No pedestals yet, but two big white boxes installed - cabinets? I thought they'd look different. Looks like the site is waiting on a third box. No idea if this could be for a transformer. You guys, fill me in please? View attachment 995992View attachment 995994
The two door cabinet is switchgear. The smaller cabinet is one of the 3 SC V3 cabinets. It is on the transformer pad and will be installed on top of one of the 3 sets of conduit stubs you pictured near the switchgear cabinet. They need to pour those 2 concrete pads first though.

Is permit activity the next thing to happen re. the Shoreline SC site?
There looks to be a lot of work to be done based on the latest pictures posted here but it will not be turned on until it passes the final electrical inspection. Without driving by the site to check on it, the electrical permit inspections are the only thing you can do remotely to check progress.

Reactions: Astrochimp
It looks like the three cabinets and the switchgear box are installed, and a lot of temporary trench work seems to be done for high-voltage service to the SC. But, question for Mrbrock: what is that big open square thing next to a cabinet, waiting to be installed? Looks like some kind of vent, but why that shape and why so large?View attachment 1001707View attachment 1001708View attachment 1001709View attachment 1001710View attachment 1001711View attachment 1001712View attachment 1001713View attachment 1001714
No clue. never seen anything like it. But looks like it has an access door with wing it’s on one side. Either a drain or just a raceway for wires?

Reactions: Astrochimp
Drove by last night and it’s more or less the same. Whatever was covered by that blue tarp is now gone and the big rectangle is still there. Also looks like they were able to fish out the second conduit for all the pedestals, so fingers crossed for v4 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_6829.jpeg
    IMG_6829.jpeg
    691.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6824.jpeg
    IMG_6824.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 34
Drove by last night and it’s more or less the same. Whatever was covered by that blue tarp is now gone and the big rectangle is still there. Also looks like they were able to fish out the second conduit for all the pedestals, so fingers crossed for v4 🤞
Thanks for the pics. Happy New Year, and now that Tukwila is open and people are back to work, maybe we can get some priority on this SC site.

Reactions: ShawEV
Favorite? Why? (asking for info)

It's my favorite because this site will be by far the closest to where I live.

Proximity to amenities such as bathrooms, great “Urban” supercharger for those who don’t have home charging but also shop at Trader Joe’s. Well lit, clean, nestled in the back of the parking lot. Really easy to get in an out of, with little to no chance of getting lost. If you shop at Trader Joe’s and want to charge the car this spot will be great. With its proximity to I-5 being a bit out of the way, this supercharger should be relatively available (though I could be very wrong on this).