Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bracebridge, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla website has this listed as coming soon. Would absolutely love to have this setup for the summer cottage season. Anyone have details on location and/or timing? Personally, I think Gravenhurst (higway 11/169 split) seems like a much better location but either would be great.

The Tesla website has this listed as coming soon. Would absolutely love to have this setup for the summer cottage season. Anyone have details on location and/or timing? Personally, I think Gravenhurst (higway 11/169 split) seems like a much better location but either would be great.
Cool. In the meantime, enjoy 28 stalls in Barrie.

Reactions: mazeminder
My guess would be the big box mall on the north side of Bracebridge. The one with the Home Depot and the Wal-Mart. It is right off Hwy. 11 and has a Tim's, Boston Pizza and (I think) A&W right there.
I did a drive buy a month back and saw no indication of supercharger construction there. But I am hopeful it may go in. Although, I have mixed feelings about balancing highway access convenience with help for the local downtown businesses. Small town retail, such as downtown Bracebridge, could use the help so the supercharger going downtown would be better for them. Imagine how much help to business a busy downtown 20 station supercharger would bring?

I did a drive buy a month back and saw no indication of supercharger construction there. But I am hopeful it may go in. Although, I have mixed feelings about balancing highway access convenience with help for the local downtown businesses. Small town retail, such as downtown Bracebridge, could use the help so the supercharger going downtown would be better for them. Imagine how much help to business a busy downtown 20 station supercharger would bring?

You're right... but where downtown? It's pretty tight there with not a lot of parking. There is the little commercial area out on 118 with the Canadian Tire, McDonald's etc., but that's not exactly downtown either.

If I were Tesla this would be a low priority given all the units in Barrie, plus the SCs in Huntsville and then Parry Sound. There's also supposed to be one built in Orillia this year.

Have to disagree. Bracebridge is very (well, somewhat) central to the Muskoka Lakes and sees a large number of visitors. On top of that, Muskoka has very few public L2 stations. If you own a cottage or property there, it's not a problem, but it is for visitors. I'd like to see some installed in Port Carling as well.

Putting them in the Smart Centre just off Hwy 11 is a nice fill-in between Barrie or Orillia and North Bay. Huntsville is a bit off the highway and not as conducive to through traffic.

Reactions: MarcoRP
If you own a cottage or property there, it's not a problem, but it is for visitors. I'd like to see some installed in Port Carling as well.

There are a lot of cottagers who have places on islands that could benefit as well, not just visitors. I know an islander who is trying to figure out a charging situation at a marina which is just not ideal.

Gravenhurst (Intersection of Higway 11 and 169) seems like a better location than Bracebridge and Orillia. It covers people going up the east (11) and west (169) sides of the lakes without backtracking, is immediately off the highways (assuming, mcdonalds or canadian tire parking lots) and is a bit more 'middle ground' between the other two existing superchargers (Barrie/Huntsville).

Gravenhurst (Intersection of Higway 11 and 169) seems like a better location than Bracebridge and Orillia.

Back in the early days, that was a location I advocated for too. But with Orillia on the books, maybe Bracebridge does make more sense now. Plus, Tesla kinda has to go where they can make deals. They already have a relationship with SmartCentre malls, so that is a plus for Bracebridge. Not sure where at the fork in Gravenhurst you could get one convenient to the highways.

Back in the early days, that was a location I advocated for too. But with Orillia on the books, maybe Bracebridge does make more sense now. Plus, Tesla kinda has to go where they can make deals. They already have a relationship with SmartCentre malls, so that is a plus for Bracebridge. Not sure where at the fork in Gravenhurst you could get one convenient to the highways.

Yah agree. If they build on in Orillia & Bracebridge no need for Gravenhurst. Any word on timing/location for Orillia?

yeah seriously. If you don't go as far as Huntsville or Parry Sound...and don't come up through Barrie, getting to Muskoka isn't exactly awesome. in other words for everyone who comes from the east or the west.

I Would love to see the Orillia one open as well but Bracebridge would be just fine...you could just go get your groceries there or go for lunch one day and blast in 400 kms in an hr.