Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging growth lagging compared to sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kitchener is getting a new location on the west end to supplement the downtown(ish) one on Victoria St; the local EV group on Facebook has had a few construction photos posted.

I'd still love to see one in Sarnia, once again this past weekend we rolled into London with just 1% remaining after a trip from Kitchener to Sarnia to visit family. The navigation kept trying to route us to a stop in Port Huron and then on to London (it didn't give up on that idea until we were rolling through Strathroy, having burned a lot of extra kWh in premature pre-conditioning), but I am not crossing an international border just to charge my @#!! car. Now we did buy a CCS adapter for exactly this use case (PlugShare says there's some 350 kW CCS chargers at the Sarnia Planet Fitness), but we thought we were in better shape to forego it than it turns out we actually were. Lesson learned...

Kitchener is getting a new location on the west end to supplement the downtown(ish) one on Victoria St; the local EV group on Facebook has had a few construction photos posted.

I'd still love to see one in Sarnia, once again this past weekend we rolled into London with just 1% remaining after a trip from Kitchener to Sarnia to visit family. The navigation kept trying to route us to a stop in Port Huron and then on to London (it didn't give up on that idea until we were rolling through Strathroy, having burned a lot of extra kWh in premature pre-conditioning), but I am not crossing an international border just to charge my @#!! car. Now we did buy a CCS adapter for exactly this use case (PlugShare says there's some 350 kW CCS chargers at the Sarnia Planet Fitness), but we thought we were in better shape to forego it than it turns out we actually were. Lesson learned...
When you look at the Tesla SC map SW Ontario is pretty low in terms of SCs with only Woodstock, London and Comber. Compare that to the area between Port Hope and Kingston where you have 7 sites.

Reactions: KevinT3141
The navigation kept trying to route us to a stop in Port Huron and then on to London (it didn't give up on that idea until we were rolling through Strathroy, having burned a lot of extra kWh in premature pre-conditioning), but I am not crossing an international border just to charge my @#!! car.
@KevinT3141 - Did you know you can cancel the preconditioning by pressing on the “Preconditioning …” flag? I’ve done that a couple times by mistake.