Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brandon, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm.. got my ChaDEMO adapter today. I think I'll try Deacons Corner for a test before I risk a road trip test out to Brandon.

Any word on whether they are doing anything constructionly about the PetroCan charger planned for Portage la Prairie?

Talked with Jeremy / mobile tech today, and he confirmed the SC's are not meant to only operate above a certain temp. They are supposed to work at all temps that we would see. We chatted a bit, and think as many do here that since he hasn't been told they are officially open yet, it's likely a testing phase where they are turned on and off for various reasons that Hydro and Tesla have during testing.

Hmmm.. got my ChaDEMO adapter today. I think I'll try Deacons Corner for a test before I risk a road trip test out to Brandon.

Any word on whether they are doing anything constructionly about the PetroCan charger planned for Portage la Prairie?

You could check it out or ask @Aceboogie to check it out. If it is not working, the good people at 4Way Motors in MacGregor have a great charger. Last time I looked the Petro Can in Brandon was working.

Down this evening. Car will not start a charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-191114_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20191219-191114_Tesla.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 82
For those that were going to rely on the Brandon SuC, I have verified - Brandon MB SuC DOES NOT WORK!
All 6 will not start charging. Yes, the car will begin prep for supercharging but NO CHARGING! The app says there are 3 of 6 in use, but there are 0 vehicles there. I tried calling the Mothership, but their voice mail said they KNOW ALL. If only they did!

• Informative
Reactions: madmax240
For those that were going to rely on the Brandon SuC, I have verified - Brandon MB SuC DOES NOT WORK!
All 6 will not start charging. Yes, the car will begin prep for supercharging but NO CHARGING! The app says there are 3 of 6 in use, but there are 0 vehicles there. I tried calling the Mothership, but their voice mail said they KNOW ALL. If only they did!
How recent is your info? The post above is from yesterday and it showed up in the Nav as active today. So I would want to see something from the last couple hours to dispute what is in the Nav.

How recent is your info? The post above is from yesterday and it showed up in the Nav as active today. So I would want to see something from the last couple hours to dispute what is in the Nav.
I would say it was about 30-45 minutes ago that I checked. This is VERY RECENT!
As I said, the car went into conditioning for SuC when I selected the Brandon SuC. I then drove there. There were NO cars there (even though nav said 3 of 6 stalls were in use) and
0 of the 6 stalls would allow charging. I tried every one.

Thing is, I really don't care about Brandon SuC as I charge at home. Winnipeg and Portage are the ones I wanted.

Last edited:
As I said, the car went into conditioning for SuC when I selected the Brandon SuC. I then drove there. There were NO cars there (even though nav said 3 of 6 stalls were in use) and

Thing is, I really don't care about Brandon SuC as I charge at home. Winnipeg and Portage are the ones I wanted.
supercharge.info says 19 SCs in Canada went live today - wonder who verified them all.
upload_2019-12-20_18-42-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-20_18-41-21.png
    upload_2019-12-20_18-41-21.png
    395.9 KB · Views: 51

No need to yell. I was simply asking for clarification. Your previous posts did not provide enough information.

No need to yell. I was simply asking for clarification. Your previous posts did not provide enough information.
Was not yelling, was emphasizing. OK! :)
Earlier this afternoon there was a MB Hydro guy checking the transformer to see if things had been done correctly.
When I said I had conditioning happening, the only way I know to do that is select a SuC in Nav & head to it.

What really gets me is the Mothership trying to say they know. Also saying on the pedestal to call but when I call, basically saying "Never mind!" like Rossana Danna Danna.

Let him express benign emotion (-:
If i lived there, I'd be tempted to do a road trip for no good reason other than because I could.
Pre kids I would have booked a week off work and gone for a ride across the country and back just for fun.. and to visit a bunch of people.. but now I will have to leave the first TC(supercharger)H trip honours to someone else.. hope they write about it!

• Love
Reactions: tmoz