Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Breezewood, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even Waze was defeated yesterday when we tried to drive to the Frick from our hotel in Pittsburgh while the St Patrick's Day parade was still happening (starting right outside our hotel at the Convention Center). We ended up having to eyeball it and take a bridge across the Allegheny and follow route 28 for a while before crossing back over.

BTW, I did a full charge last Tuesday at home before setting off for Pittsburgh and got 284 miles, although yesterday a full charge at the hotel only got me 275 (I think).

Hey, no swearing here re: Frick (Park or Museum). Ha. You were mere miles from me and sorry I wasn't able to stop by and meet up with you and take you around the local routes but you chose wisely on one of the main ways out of town (Rt 28) on a downtown event day.

Good to know re: full charge range. Those days are long gone for me. Enjoy your range while you can. I'll have to let you know when I venture out your way to tackle some of those chargers I've not yet visited.

Here was my stop at Breezewood on Sun night. I used stall 4A on the way to D.C. so I used 1A this time. Murphy's Law that the one time I'm not in the corner and away from the parking spots is when a large Mulching / Grass-spraying truck needs to pull over to the side for some maintenance work and needed to use all of the spaces but then backed up from my car a little.

2 of their support trucks pulled in to triage the truck's issues. I had just parked there and the truck that blocked me was motioning to me if he needed to move. I had just plugged in and needed ~45 minutes to charge so I let them know I was not going anywhere for almost an hour. I felt like I was in a Snickers commercial.

I chatted with them for a little bit and they kept asking if they needed to move. Very polite and courteous of them but I could have extracted the car without any issues. They were from Ohio but on their way to Baltimore to seed a very very large amount of hillside or land somewhere. I think I was as geeked out looking at the truck and all the pumps and hoses and valves as they were at my car. Ha.

It was nice for a change to be "ICE'd" ... but with permission. I knew they were probably losing money just sitting there fixing a truck so I let them get to their work. When I returned 45 minutes later, they had just exited the parking lot so everything worked out perfectly.

P.S. Both times here, my Nav took the normal route and not the crazy one that you posted. Odd how at times it is not consistent from one vehicle to the next.

upload_2018-3-20_2-8-54.png

Yesterday at Breezewood PA Sheetz stationView attachment 354930 . Very busy but 3 stalls inaccessible due to snow pile. One can only philosophize about the moron snow plow driver who did this.
Not much philosophising necessary. I hope someone said something to management. Juat one more example that we are still the outliers. How long would that snow pile have been left it was blocking three pumps?

Yesterday at Breezewood PA Sheetz stationView attachment 354930 . Very busy but 3 stalls inaccessible due to snow pile. One can only philosophize about the moron snow plow driver who did this.

Thank you for posting the picture. I forgot to take a picture on Thursday morning when it was full of other cars and I got the last open charger due to this mess. I had this forwarded along to a contact at Sheetz. If you see this at any of their locations again, please reach out to me with a photo and details and I'll have it forwarded.

Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl and CatB
I've heard that the owner (or one of the current owners) of Sheetz is a HUGE Tesla fan and plans to add as many charging stations as possible to their locations. He recognizes that the money is not in the gas (or electricity), but the pit stop purchases. That being said, I'm sure they would not appreciate employees and/or contractors blocking any usable spots, ESPECIALLY something like a super charger that virtually guarantees the patron will head in the store for a decent amount of time. Definitely worth the time to snap a pic and/or contact Sheetz HQ to let them know!