Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update here?
Update is 12 superchargers, 4 universal (EVgo branding). I tried plugging in and it seems like they just need to connect the power to the charging stations. I’m tired of going to bk museum (and getting charged an arm and a leg for parking) or
IMG_2996.jpeg
all the way to Atlantic Center.
The address is the Starbucks address.

3035 Cropsey Ave (cross street is Hart Pl)
Brooklyn, NY 11224
United States

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpeg
    IMG_2994.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2993.jpeg
    IMG_2993.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2997.jpeg
    IMG_2997.jpeg
    612.3 KB · Views: 82
Update is 12 superchargers, 4 universal (EVgo branding). I tried plugging in and it seems like they just need to connect the power to the charging stations. I’m tired of going to bk museum (and getting charged an arm and a leg for parking) or View attachment 960619all the way to Atlantic Center.
The address is the Starbucks address.

3035 Cropsey Ave (cross street is Hart Pl)
Brooklyn, NY 11224
United States
I agree, also think this location isn't enough to power all of NY evs, suggested a few the other day, hopefully it will make it to the next round of vote and if it does, please vote.

But I've submitted the following locations:
Marine Park Parking Lot, Brooklyn, NY 11229
6000 Shore Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11234
579 Gateway Dr, Brooklyn, NY 11239

Not sure if any of these locations work for you, but seems fairly convenient in the belt parkway or along the belt parkway, also public parks seems to be a good place to put charging stations for the public, but you can suggests locations by signing into your Tesla account, click charging --> supercharger voting --> suggest a new location, and if it gets to the next voting cycling, please vote, we need more superchargers in the area, NY is literally a EV Charging desert.

1691071097951.png

1691071125060.png

Side note to discussions here, not only is NYC a EV desert, red tape capital, but I don't see them slacking in raising the fares for the MTA or implementing the infrastructure needed for congestion pricing by April 2024, yet it takes them forever to fix the MTA, the BQE. Literally a cash grab, it's easy for them to take money, but impossible for them to do stuff. And part of the argument for congestion pricing is to reduce pollution, but I don't see them giving a green pass for those that drives EV aka all of us here. Don't mind taking the subway either as long as it works and reliable, but like everything in the city, NOTHING WORKS, ONLY WANTS MONEY. Really need something done with this dysfunctional government filled with nothing but bureaucracy.

I agree, also think this location isn't enough to power all of NY evs, suggested a few the other day, hopefully it will make it to the next round of vote and if it does, please vote.

But I've submitted the following locations:
Marine Park Parking Lot, Brooklyn, NY 11229
6000 Shore Pkwy, Brooklyn, NY 11234
579 Gateway Dr, Brooklyn, NY 11239

Not sure if any of these locations work for you, but seems fairly convenient in the belt parkway or along the belt parkway, also public parks seems to be a good place to put charging stations for the public, but you can suggests locations by signing into your Tesla account, click charging --> supercharger voting --> suggest a new location, and if it gets to the next voting cycling, please vote, we need more superchargers in the area, NY is literally a EV Charging desert.

View attachment 961921
View attachment 961922

Side note to discussions here, not only is NYC a EV desert, red tape capital, but I don't see them slacking in raising the fares for the MTA or implementing the infrastructure needed for congestion pricing by April 2024, yet it takes them forever to fix the MTA, the BQE. Literally a cash grab, it's easy for them to take money, but impossible for them to do stuff. And part of the argument for congestion pricing is to reduce pollution, but I don't see them giving a green pass for those that drives EV aka all of us here. Don't mind taking the subway either as long as it works and reliable, but like everything in the city, NOTHING WORKS, ONLY WANTS MONEY. Really need something done with this dysfunctional government filled with nothing but bureaucracy.
Totally agree with you. I use the subway to go to work in the city. But drive everywhere else. I'm totally against this new congestion pricing that's starting next year. It's totally a cash grab.

Reactions: mr24hrman and cc333
Totally agree with you. I use the subway to go to work in the city. But drive everywhere else. I'm totally against this new congestion pricing that's starting next year. It's totally a cash grab.
Literally so annoyed about this, even California is not as bad, their toll is $8.50, here it starts at $15 excluding congestion pricing just to go to the stateside, literally need a reason to go to Jersey or you're just wasting $15. Doesn't feel free, I have to pay $15 just to go 10 mile, so feel trapped in the city or Long Island. Tolls are more expensive than gas lol and for what? BQE never gets fixed. Long Island Sound Bridge to Connecticut never gets built for those interested living in Long Island but not having to go through the traffic congested every time to the mainland. Idk why we are accepting these from the clown government.

Reactions: Cuttin and qman66
This is EXACTLY why I'm so happy I moved out to nj. Still very close to nyc if need be but quality of life is great. Yes taxes suck but my life is so much better.

NYC has become VERY anti driver. Trying to be like Europe. What they don't get is that Americans love their cars. Period.

I've been waiting for nyc to get superchargers for years. Had tesla for about 6 years total. They FINALLY upgraded the jfk charger but on a recent trip it was packed with tlcs.

and I totally agree, the whole thing with New York City, and New York State, being for green energy, shutting down coal plants in the state and yada yada yada, they absolutely virtue signal, and do not put their money where your mouth is. They have more than enough public real estate to build a whole slew of chargers throughout New York City and New York State.

Literally so annoyed about this, even California is not as bad, their toll is $8.50, here it starts at $15 excluding congestion pricing just to go to the stateside, literally need a reason to go to Jersey or you're just wasting $15. Doesn't feel free, I have to pay $15 just to go 10 mile, so feel trapped in the city or Long Island. Tolls are more expensive than gas lol and for what? BQE never gets fixed. Long Island Sound Bridge to Connecticut never gets built for those interested living in Long Island but not having to go through the traffic congested every time to the mainland. Idk why we are accepting these from the clown government.

For $300K, you can pre-order a flying car! ;)

Reactions: Cuttin
This is EXACTLY why I'm so happy I moved out to nj. Still very close to nyc if need be but quality of life is great. Yes taxes suck but my life is so much better.

NYC has become VERY anti driver. Trying to be like Europe. What they don't get is that Americans love their cars. Period.

I've been waiting for nyc to get superchargers for years. Had tesla for about 6 years total. They FINALLY upgraded the jfk charger but on a recent trip it was packed with tlcs.

and I totally agree, the whole thing with New York City, and New York State, being for green energy, shutting down coal plants in the state and yada yada yada, they absolutely virtue signal, and do not put their money where your mouth is. They have more than enough public real estate to build a whole slew of chargers throughout New York City and New York State.

Less than half of households in New York City own a car. Must have a very high proportion of foreigners.