Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA (temporary closure)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marriot refused to tow, stating must be in stall for 2 hrs before they will tow. Was parked for 1.5 hrs before I left not including the time it was parked before I got there. Not to mention this is not a 2 hr limit stall, but a NO parking except EV Charging stall. Most of the superchargers are 2 hr limit OR tesla. No justice at superchargers!

Attachments

• E46F9F4D-4408-4BBA-91BB-FDBC5FFD1585.jpeg
    E46F9F4D-4408-4BBA-91BB-FDBC5FFD1585.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 138
Apparently the Marriot employees cannot read and comprehend the sign that applies to that Supercharger stall. That is unfortunate. The posted sign is crystal clear.
AF40CC1F-CB25-490C-B9AE-0E162C711AFA.jpeg
Marriot refused to tow, stating must be in stall for 2 hrs before they will tow. Was parked for 1.5 hrs before I left not including the time it was parked before I got there. Not to mention this is not a 2 hr limit stall, but a NO parking except EV Charging stall. Most of the superchargers are 2 hr limit OR tesla. No justice at superchargers!

Reactions: ElectricGhost
Apparently the Marriot employees cannot read and comprehend the sign that applies to that Supercharger stall. That is unfortunate. The posted sign is crystal clear. View attachment 404730

Towing from private property in California is laid out in Vehicle Code 22953. I believe there are requirements for posted signs before a vehicle can be towed. Here are the requirements for the signage I found online:

- Signs must be at all entrances to the property.
- Signs must be in plain view.
- Signs must be at least 17 inches by 22 inches in size.
- The lettering on the signs must be at least one inch high and state the following:* Public parking is prohibited
* Vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense
* Telephone number of local law enforcement
* Name and telephone number of the towing company

It’s possible that Marriott couldn’t have a vehicle towed without the required signs.

Off topic but noteworthy: Colorado just passed legislation fining ICE vehicles $150 (plus a $32 surcharge) for parking in charging spaces, and for EVs parked but not charging.

The Tesla screen when activated on Buellton, says typically: "6 of 9 Stations availble" Where'd the "9" suddenly come from? There are ten stations and up until a few days ago there was no mention of "... 9 Stations..." I looked to see if there was one station with it's "Tesla" lite out. They were all on. With the huge influx for Thanksgiving i saw no indication there was bum unit.

The queue to charge was insane yesterday. Up until 2-3AM it showed no available stalls.
I-5 was shut down at the Grapevine and I-15 was shut down near the CA/NV border so I can only imagine 101 was crowded. I didn't hear about Highway 58, but I doubt the area around Tehachapi was in good shape either. I have driven I-15 south of Vegas countless times and have seen flurries once (last year actually), but have never heard of it being shut down due to winter weather, so that is a true rarity.

Going south that's the last one for 80 miles or so, going north if you don't stop in Oxnard then you again have 80 or so miles. 60 mile gap again between Buellton Marriott and Madonna Inn, so if you've gotten a monkey wrench thrown in the system and you were not able to plan your drive, you don't have a lot of choices. Not that there are many Teslas travelling that corridor anyway:)

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140
I was joking when I said there weren't that many Teslas traveling that corridor.

I used it today, there was no line when I got there, but there was when I left. Telas had two guys, free Starbucks and Cocoa there, the two guys were telling people where to get in line and keeping the parking lot orderly.

Two pedestals damaged, both in the same way, impacted from the same direction. That’s likely not two random accidents; that is probably deliberate vandalism caused by a vehicle backing into both of them along their long axis. They were not hit from the side by someone trying to turn into the stall to charge (which would take a remarkable level of carelessness since those stalls are not “back in”).
Was charging in Buellton this morning, and I saw this...View attachment 518416

• Informative
Reactions: bxr140