Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around 3:00 pm I stopped by Tesla Superchargers by Costco in Buford, GA. Looks like everything done, the fences also removed. I thought the superchargers are ready to go and plugged to charge my car. But the dash board gave message "No Power In Wall mount". Basically, what it says the power is not switched on yet. It may be in a couple of days or Monday. Pictures attached..
And no ICEing!

A couple more pictures from different vantage points. Transformer placed, fences down, probably now waiting for final Tesla visit for config, test and pedestal labeling. Once the labels are on (1A, 1B, 2A, etc.) we'll know it's close.

Attachments

• image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image2-2.jpeg
    image2-2.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 91
The Athens supercharger was open before the labels were placed...

Fair enough!

How are they configured. Stalla are usually 2-1 and there seems to be 12 chargers and only 5 power boxes. What’s different about this SuperCharger stop

Well, count again :) There are 10 pedestals and 5 white cabinets.

Historically Tesla is kind of slow to actually notify and by that I mean adding it as "open" on the Supercharger page, and adding it to navigation. However people here are very quick to let you know when they have juice.

As an easy reference, if "Tesla" is not lit up on the top of the stalls it has no power, so once they are lit it most likely will be live. Easier as a drive by check then having to stop and plug in to see.

@ChrisC it’s 5:20 and we are all waiting for your word........ lol lol. J/K But really excited for sure

Ha :) Was busy driving, and needed to get home to wifi for faster upload and typing.

As HG Wells said, the logos are not lit up. So the power is arriving at the switchgear (big green cabinets) from the utility, but hasn't yet been switched into (turned on) the white Tesla cabinets. So this site is clearly now awaiting a visit from the Tesla commission and test team.

The meter picture shows a whole lot of zeros, both in instantaneous power (this pic) and in accumulated energy delivered (not shown). As soon as either of those numbers is non-zero, you'll know that Tesla has shown up and powered up something. Also note the "Suite EV" address :) The Tesla racks were quiet.

Second picture shows some scrap wire laying next to the transformer. Suggestion: souvenir.

Third picture shows a detail on the transformer. Note 750 kW which is typical for Tesla supercharging installs. A funny thing is that at an Electrify America installation in Kennesaw, NOT a Tesla install, the crew scribbled "Tesla" on that transformer too. I guess it's all Tesla to them :)

Attachments

• 20181019_164721.jpg
    20181019_164721.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 58
  • 20181019_164728.jpg
    20181019_164728.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20181019_164758.jpg
    20181019_164758.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I went last night (not pictured in the souvenir photo, the souvenir I took :^O I'll tell you, that is a hefty zombie beating piece of copper).

I'm not surprised, but I am a little disappointed that the power isn't on yet. I'm in no dire need, but I just wanted to go back to page 8 and click "Disagree" to the person who doubted this week. If I did it now it would just seem petty and nonsensical.