Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No news of Plattsburgh but for my Florida trip during holidays I plan to charge with a HPWC located here at Saratoga Auto Museum (tried it this summer and worked well)... not too bad with a 73 km/h rate of charge... yep maybe a 45 minutes pit stop to be able to get to Albany SuperCharger but it avoids the long detour by Burlington...

Thanks, it's good to know those HPWC are set higher now. When I was there over a year ago the rate of charge was less than half that.

Thanks, it's good to know those HPWC are set higher now. When I was there over a year ago the rate of charge was less than half that.

Yep, even on Tesla's website Find Us it still states 64 amp... I wrote them when I tested them at the Saratoga HPWC but they never modified it...

Though, take note that only one HPWC was up and running and not both... don't know if it was temporary or not...

I calculated also that the detour to get there just add around 4 km

The Home Stretch

UPDATE!

Things are looking nearly done here. The site is being commissioned this coming week. Keep your eye on the Supercharger list in your navigation app for confirmation. If you see Healthy Living in South Burlington VT listed, you're good to go!

Come visit the award-winning little city of Burlington, Vermont.

• Best place to stay: Hotel Vermont
• Best places to eat: Leunig's Bistro, Hen of the Wood (next-door to Hotel Vermont), Farmhouse, Blue Cat Café, Revolution Kitchen (delicious vegan), plus many others
• Best art gallery: BCA Center
• Best live music venue: Higher Ground
• Best live performance shows: The Flynn Center

Burlington is one hour from both Stowe and Sugarbush ski areas. A great day trip from Burlington is to Woodstock, Vermont, 90-minutes south on I-89. There is another Supercharger a few miles south of the Woodstock exit, at West Lebanon, NH.

IMG_1871.jpg

Eight bays awaiting final commissioning this week

IMG_1872.jpg

4-bays on east side, Tesla charging only (Note that Healthy Living is picking up the utility tab. All the more reason to do some shopping there while you're charging. It's a terrific store—along the lines of a Whole Foods, but nicer. They have the best craft beer selection in the area. The Story of Healthy Living | Healthy Living Market and Cafe)

IMG_1873.jpg

4-bays on west side, 30-minute general parking allowed (including gasoline powered vehicles)

IMG_1882.jpg

Natural screening of equipment cabinets

IMG_1883.jpg

Nicely done!

IMG_1885.jpg

Dedicated 500 KVA transformer

Last edited:
UPDATE!

Things are looking nearly done here. The site is being commissioned this coming week. Keep your eye on the Supercharger list in your navigation app for confirmation. If you see Healthy Living in South Burlington VT listed, you're good to go!

Thanks for the detailed images.

Apparently Tesla is beginning to remove business names from its Supercharger listings, so people might just see the address.

UPDATE!

Come visit the award-winning little city of Burlington, Vermont.

Best place to stay: Hotel Vermont
Best places to eat: Leunig's Bistro, Hen of the Wood (next-door to Hotel Vermont), Blue Cat Café, Revolution Kitchen (vegan), plus many others
Best art gallery: BCA Center on Church Street
Best Live Music Venue: Higher Ground
Best live theater events: The Flynn Center

Burlington is one hour from both Stowe and Sugarbush

Dedicated 500 KVA transformer

Thanks for the great pictures and for getting the transformer rating!

May you have the pleasure of first charge!

Regardless of the signs, I'm still pretty sure Tesla is footing the electricity bill.

That was my thought too, until I spoke to the owners of Healthy Living. Apparently, this is a new option for Superchargers located on private property. Tesla's public image has reached a level where property owners are willing to share in the operational cost of a Supercharger for the business and goodwill it will generate.

It is interesting to me that the two most recent sites in New England -- Burlington and Seabrook -- both appear (from the photos) to use the original "back into" layout for the charger stalls. There was some chat about this when the Dedham superchargers went in, because they use the "pull-through" type of layout. As I recall there was speculation that the pull-through design would facilitate use by Model X pulling a trailer. (I think Bjorn Nyland has made similar suppositions about the use of the pull-through layout in Europe.)
So I wonder if the use of the back-in layout is a reflection of the practical difficulty of efficient snow removal with the charger stands at the outer end of the parking space. In northern New England, there is enough snow that snow removal might be a major concern.
I realize site geometry could play a part, as well.

It is interesting to me that the two most recent sites in New England -- Burlington and Seabrook -- both appear (from the photos) to use the original "back into" layout for the charger stalls. There was some chat about this when the Dedham superchargers went in, because they use the "pull-through" type of layout. As I recall there was speculation that the pull-through design would facilitate use by Model X pulling a trailer. (I think Bjorn Nyland has made similar suppositions about the use of the pull-through layout in Europe.)
So I wonder if the use of the back-in layout is a reflection of the practical difficulty of efficient snow removal with the charger stands at the outer end of the parking space. In northern New England, there is enough snow that snow removal might be a major concern.
I realize site geometry could play a part, as well.

Two of the most recent sites - West Lebanon and South Burlington - have one side-accessed stall in addition to the back-in stalls. I don't know about Seabrook. And in West Lebanon an X with trailer could pull up along the back side of the Chargers without unhooking the trailer - as long as no one was parked there.

Two of the most recent sites - West Lebanon and South Burlington - have one side-accessed stall in addition to the back-in stalls. I don't know about Seabrook. And in West Lebanon an X with trailer could pull up along the back side of the Chargers without unhooking the trailer - as long as no one was parked there.

Likewise in Burlington. The stanchion closest to the camera in the first photo could be used as a drive-through charger by someone with a trailer if both of the adjacent parking spaces in the foreground were available. It's a long shot, though, because of limited space to steer straight into those spaces. In the wee hours when the lot is empty, it might work.

Almost there!

The South Burlington VT Supercharger has been commissioned and will go live sometime tomorrow. Keep an eye on the Supercharger list in your Navigation app.

I took this photograph today during the commissioning process. A Tesla engineer flew in from California to do the final checkout. I volunteered my car to test the eight charge bays. The engineer said they've never had a car damaged by this process, which was reassuring to hear!

DSC_8891Edited.jpg

The South Burlington VT Supercharger has been commissioned and will go live sometime tomorrow. Keep an eye on the Supercharger list in your Navigation app.

I took this photograph today during the commissioning process. A Tesla engineer flew in from California to do the final checkout. I volunteered my car to test the eight charge bays. The engineer said they've never had a car damaged by this process, which was reassuring to hear!

View attachment 99459

This is SSSSOOOOOOO cool!
This is THE supercharger I was waiting for to be able to effortlessly go to NYC from Montreal. Really happy that it is up and running now. Looking forward to see what stores are around to shop in/eat while charging.

Thank you so much for the follow-ups with pictures.

Have a great day. I know you made mine.

Bertrand

This is SSSSOOOOOOO cool!
This is THE supercharger I was waiting for to be able to effortlessly go to NYC from Montreal. Really happy that it is up and running now. Looking forward to see what stores are around to shop in/eat while charging.

Thank you so much for the follow-ups with pictures.

Have a great day. I know you made mine.

Bertrand

@Bert,

Out of curiosity, why is it that you prefer to go through Burlington to get to NYC from Montreal and not Plattsburgh/Albany? Isn't Plattsburgh/Albany faster?

Just curious...

Thanks!