Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger cable stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone else in this thread recommended it but always check the end of the plug for debris or bits of plastic stuck on the pins. I once found a plastic sleeve on one the pins of a supercharger cable. I didn't have pliers to pull the plastic piece out so I switched stalls. I bet it would have been tough to remove if I had plugged it in.

Good call with checking+switching, but I wouldn't be putting pliers into a SC. What if you short something??

Good call with checking+switching, but I wouldn't be putting pliers into a SC. What if you short something??
Not sure if anyone else in this thread recommended it but always check the end of the plug for debris or bits of plastic stuck on the pins. I once found a plastic sleeve on one the pins of a supercharger cable. I didn't have pliers to pull the plastic piece out so I switched stalls. I bet it would have been tough to remove if I had plugged it in.
While I would guess no power is applied to a Supercharger cable until two way communication happens I think no one should ever stick a pair of pliers or anything else into the cable, yikes!

Well, I don't know if it finally warmed up a little or what but my hand is kinda raw from pulling but it just came out all of a sudden.

archer-season-10-release-date-episode-1.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Kevy Baby
Why is it free atm?
Another reason I miss living in Kyle
It's not on the map yet, just got turned on. I think when they flip these new stations on they leave them free for a little bit because it takes some time to link them to the network that charges us, vs just flipping a switch and adding the power. Or they make sure they work for a few weeks before charging people that way they don't have to issue refunds.

Just a guess but it's been free for a bit.