Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Calliope, Qld

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SPadival

May 7, 2016
Oz
For those who are interested
New Tesla Supercharger under construction at the Calliope Crossroads at Gladstone !! Woohoo.
I am trying to shame the OP into getting some photos

Does put Rockhampton and this Gladstone/ Calliope site only 120km apart.

If the Rockhampton site instead became Marlborough, that would be a better spread of sites up to Mackay.
Possibly 120 km could be far enough apart to be worthwhile. That's what Knockrow/Maclean and Maclean/Coffs are, for example. They could've struggled getting a sufficiently large power supply at some of the smaller localities.

Here are the pics from original finder...

What do we think?

He said 5 stalls - weird number, but there may be a 6th in a inverse position somewhere.

1693811914267.png
1693811976262.png

1693811935938.png

So the Heatherbrae strategy then..
If the petrol companies won't deal with you, talk to the business next door.
In Heatherbrae's case the chargers are on the Country Comfort hotel property which backs onto the petrol station.

Nothing definitely Tesla yet but seemingly the poster spoke to the installers and confirmed it and said completion by end of month.

I'd say there is a pull-in stall on the far side and then four/five regular stall from those photos.

Reactions: Hairyman
So the Heatherbrae strategy then..
If the petrol companies won't deal with you, talk to the business next door.
In Heatherbrae's case the chargers are on the Country Comfort hotel property which backs onto the petrol station.
In this case though I think the property boundary indicates it has the same owner. Also the address for the motel and service station is the same. I suspect/guess that that specific location was ultimately chosen is due the the high voltage distribution line in the area terminates in that parking lot,
Screenshot_20230904-184500.png

and then not having to run a longer HV line or LV link to a new transformer.

Also with Heatherbrae the superchargers at the Motel pre-date the service station next door.

Reactions: SPadival and moa999
Hopefully, this will stop people moaning about Gympie being the last SC stop in FNQ.
Thank you for the really insightful post 👏. I’m guessing prior to the Gladstone SC news (btw still not complete) the “moaning” was wasn’t warranted in your humble opinion. Can I kindly ask you refrain from unhelpful posts like these. I’m new to this forum and find it helpful to find my feet in the Tesla/EV world. This does not help. I’d suggest that rural towns up the Queensland coast probably have a reasonable reason to “moan“ with the lack of charging sites and the speed of intended rollout plan.

• Disagree
Reactions: jason66
Thank you for the really insightful post 👏. I’m guessing prior to the Gladstone SC news (btw still not complete) the “moaning” was wasn’t warranted in your humble opinion. Can I kindly ask you refrain from unhelpful posts like these. I’m new to this forum and find it helpful to find my feet in the Tesla/EV world. This does not help. I’d suggest that rural towns up the Queensland coast probably have a reasonable reason to “moan“ with the lack of charging sites and the speed of intended rollout plan.
I never said moaning is bad !! Please don't put words in my mouth or pre-judge my intent.

I will probably never ever use this supercharger. Yet, I was the first to post about it here and I have voted and advocated for voting for SC locations that are thousands of miles away from me.

Welcome to the forum and my ignore list.

Hopefully, this will stop people moaning about Gympie being the last SC stop in FNQ.
I'm a moaner about this issue and will continue to moan because Calliope is nowhere near FNQ considering FNQ starts 900km further north. That's like saying Brisbane is in the Sydney basin. However, I will say this supercharger is extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) welcome

Reactions: SPadival