Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cape May, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also waiting for an update. The wife is headed down to Wildwood next weekend and this charger would be a huge help. We have used Egg Harbor as well in the past, but not really close to Wildwood.

Also located in Bucks County as I saw someone else goes there too!

Another Bucks County / Cape May County / Tesla person! Charged at Egg Harbor earlier in the week and then at the Reeds last night. Good to go but could really use that Cape May Courthouse location. I’ve been to the acme there multiple times this week so charging would have been nice

Thank you so much! I'm so excited
You are welcome! It’s been a long long time since your first post. It sure charge a lot faster than my 72A Wall Charger here in Stone Harbor. It took less than 20 minutes to add 110 miles. I will not need to use this charging facility unless my wall charger has issue. Couple places to visit while you’re here: uncle Billy’s pancake breakfast and Springer’s home made ice cream. These are two institutions in town. Enjoy your visit!

Last edited:
I’m there now, charging Mr. Ticklesberg Tick Tack Tickles. (My kid named it, it’s a 100D Model X).

This will take us 1/3 of the way to Montreal.

Yay!

Attachments

• F5B73B2D-6724-4F96-AB09-00DD24348661.jpeg
    F5B73B2D-6724-4F96-AB09-00DD24348661.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Acps110
Yahoo! I bought a new S in May and have been resorting to 2 extension cords and a 110 outlet to get additional miles to make it round trip back to Montgomery county. Am in Cape May every weekend and did not want to install a charger in my condo parking lot, super expensive. Been waiting and watching for this to open. This is just the ticket.

Reactions: madodel
The idiot ICE truck was there when we were there last weekend in June!

We just pulled into a charging spot and a pickup pulled in and ICEd a spot immediately after us, and the couple in the pickup literally stared me down for 2-3 minutes. The Icing wasn’t necessary, the lot is huge and wide open.
73B6335D-8982-42AA-ADA5-D819C42BEA8A.jpeg
Hope this isn’t going to be a problem around here.

Do the signs say general parking is ok?
The signs say 30 minute general parking. But again, there’s no reason to park here given how wide open the lot is, and it’s a much farther walk to the stores.

There’s certainly no reason for the guy to make a point of staring my family down and then aggressively say “don’t worry about it” at us.

Just saying, cars that have sentry mode should use that here (my X doesn’t have it so I stayed at the car while the wife and kids went into the Acme.)

Hope this isn’t going to be a problem around here.

I wouldn't worry about it. I live in Cape May County with three Teslas and have never had a single incident - only compliments and questions. That being said, there are idiots everywhere. And it seems like big pickups have typically parked in those spots, even before the Superchargers were ever a consideration, perhaps because they are out of the way and easy to maneuver around. So maybe there's a little bit of consternation about Tesla taking "their" spots. They will get used to it. And off-season, those Superchargers, along with the ones in EHT, will go back to their perpetual state of emptiness.

I was hanging out there a bit last month and I got mostly good feedback. People taking pics and asking questions. More often than not when I’ve engaged with curious pick up drivers, they share a bond over performance. The coal rollers obviously have an agenda you’re not liable to mold. There are a lot of misconceptions you can disavow with a friendly approach.

I wouldn't worry about it. I live in Cape May County with three Teslas and have never had a single incident - only compliments and questions. That being said, there are idiots everywhere. And it seems like big pickups have typically parked in those spots, even before the Superchargers were ever a consideration, perhaps because they are out of the way and easy to maneuver around. So maybe there's a little bit of consternation about Tesla taking "their" spots. They will get used to it. And off-season, those Superchargers, along with the ones in EHT, will go back to their perpetual state of emptiness.
The pickup truck shown in my very first charging there belongs to a guy from upstate New York. I got to talk to him when he returning from ACME. I pointed out the fact that the spots are important for Tesla Electric cars when they needed a spot for charging. The guy is actually very nice and he explained that he didn’t want his car get bumped by other idiots where everyone parked. In the end, we had a nice conversation and learned each other’s background. I would encourage everyone treat the ICE truck owners with respect and get a happy results.

The signs say 30 minute general parking. But again, there’s no reason to park here given how wide open the lot is, and it’s a much farther walk to the stores.

There’s certainly no reason for the guy to make a point of staring my family down and then aggressively say “don’t worry about it” at us.

Just saying, cars that have sentry mode should use that here (my X doesn’t have it so I stayed at the car while the wife and kids went into the Acme.)
He was legally parked in a 30 minute general parking spot. It sounds more like you were staring him down. Stay calm.

• Disagree
Reactions: XHabjab and lolder