Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think so. A Tesla technician comes out after the transformer install and tests it for a couple of days, then it’s ready to go.
Hope they will have security cameras to help prevent vandalism and add a little feeling of security if leaving the car to charge while visiting the local business. I'm sure that even in CA there are a certain element of Tesla haters as well as criminals that think if you're in an expensive car you may be a target worth going after. This would be especially so if there isn't an attendant 24/7 for late night visits.

Hope they will have security cameras to help prevent vandalism and add a little feeling of security if leaving the car to charge while visiting the local business. I'm sure that even in CA there are a certain element of Tesla haters as well as criminals that think if you're in an expensive car you may be a target worth going after. This would be especially so if there isn't an attendant 24/7 for late night visits.

They won’t have security cameras. However, in a large supercharger site, there are always a few drivers sitting in their cars, so there will be lots of eyes watching. Vandalizing Tesla’s at Superchargers doesn't seem to be a thing...

They won’t have security cameras. However, in a large supercharger site, there are always a few drivers sitting in their cars, so there will be lots of eyes watching. Vandalizing Tesla’s at Superchargers doesn't seem to be a thing...
I didn't think of that and the fact that this location will probably be visited by many Teslas 24/7 from what all the posts have been indicating.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
So no inspections would need to be done after the transformer install?

Bruce.

Hey Bruce,
The City inspector looks over and signs off on the work that the contractor has done. That signoff has to be complete before the utility will schedule their part of the work, including the installation of the transformer, and pulling wire through the contractor-installed conduit from the transformer to the switchgear/meter cabinet. Once that wire is pulled and terminated, then the meter is installed and the site is "Hot." After that, Tesla does their work to test and commission the site before it goes live to the public...Hope that helps...

Hey Bruce,
The City inspector looks over and signs off on the work that the contractor has done. That signoff has to be complete before the utility will schedule their part of the work, including the installation of the transformer, and pulling wire through the contractor-installed conduit from the transformer to the switchgear/meter cabinet. Once that wire is pulled and terminated, then the meter is installed and the site is "Hot." After that, Tesla does their work to test and commission the site before it goes live to the public...Hope that helps...

So maybe by December is what you are saying?
:)

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
Moderator note: Multiple posts about car break-ins were moved to another thread because the discussion was not related to the topic of this thread, which is the Carlsbad Supercharger that is under constructions. If you want to talk about car break-ins, please make your post in this thread
Model S smash and grab break-in in La Costa CA

Thank you.

Disappointed it isn’t available yet. Came out to Oceanside from Phoenix area and heading home Thursday. I came the way of i10 and stopped at quartzite (very short), Indio and Temecula (short) and wanted to head back the southern route i8 but wanted to avoid the San Diego chargers as I’ve seen they get very busy... so now leaning towards returning the same way I came.

• Informative
Disappointed it isn’t available yet. Came out to Oceanside from Phoenix area and heading home Thursday. I came the way of i10 and stopped at quartzite (very short), Indio and Temecula (short) and wanted to head back the southern route i8 but wanted to avoid the San Diego chargers as I’ve seen they get very busy... so now leaning towards returning the same way I came.
Maybe instead of promising to fix your car in 60 minutes, Musk and Tesla can open a supercharger in a week.
Users reporting the SC on A street is almost always open so you might want to try that one.

• Informative
Went by again yesterday around 11AM and we're SOOOOO close.

As you can see, there's plenty of spaces beyond where the Supercharger bays end on the upper level towards the north. There are also quite a few ICE vehicles down there by the future ADA spaces (to the west). I think ICEing will have a very low probability under any circumstance just b/c there will always be so many Teslas wanting to fill up here. I hope that the last/final stalls for the ADA on the lower level don't become a point of contention (especially if there's no valet). . .

Hope you all enjoy the pics! Though I'm clearly no photographer.

The next time we have any serous conversation is about this Supercharger it'll be about how crowded it is.
IMG_0748.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg

As you can see, there's plenty of spaces beyond where the Supercharger bays end on the upper level towards the north. There are also quite a few ICE vehicles down there by the future ADA spaces (to the west). I think ICEing will have a very low probability under any circumstance just b/c there will always be so many Teslas wanting to fill up here. I hope that the last/final stalls for the ADA on the lower level don't become a point of contention (especially if there's no valet). . .

The next time we have any serous conversation is about this Supercharger it'll be about how crowded it is.
View attachment 336272 View attachment 336273 View attachment 336274 View attachment 336275 View attachment 336276 View attachment 336277 View attachment 336278
You say you're not a photographer but these are some of the best pictures I've seen of this location. The way you captured the relationship between the lots and the ICE parking areas along with where the businesses are located has more value to us that are not familiar with the area than pictures that don't include those details. Thanks for posting them.

The photos are great! Thank you! If you go back (or for anyone else that visits the site), please take some photos of the transformer pad (in the fenced-off area next to the entrance of the upper lot). I don't expect there's a transformer installed, yet, but that is the next big step in the superchager's construction.

Reactions: JeffnReno