Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This site is just 1.5 miles from my home so I went by and took a few pics today.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 112
Great pics!! Perfect viewing angle.

I find the wood molds at the stall side interesting. If these molds are suggestive of the final base appearance, these are different from the classic style superchargers, which have a narrow rectangular base. The wider base I see here seems more consistent with the ones I see in this image at Downey. Could these be Urban-style stalls here too?

I was at the site on Saturday, and because no one was there I was able to get a pretty good look at what was going on. The contractor is moving along at a decent rate of speed, with interesting results, at least for us supercharging geeks! So far, in the upper lot there are nine back-in electrical stubs on the far right as shown in the photos taken by EGK1 (only eight shown in the last photo), and as mentioned before, what appear to be five pull through stubs on the left, shown in photos one and two. What is also intriguing are two (so far) pedestals located in the lower parking lot. That surprises me, as I thought all 26 chargers were going to be in the upper lot! Time will tell.

Attachments

• La Costa Tesla.jpg
    La Costa Tesla.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 117
TerranApart, I think you got the layout correct. The two conduits which originate in the upper parking lot, run downhill to where the fire hydrant is located, make a 90 degree bend as shown and go underground right at the security fence. The conduits go into a ditch, which now appears to be partially filled and compacted, thence to the pedestals. It is unknown if an additional one or two pedestals will be added. There seems to be room, but it looks as if they are done with that portion of the conduit to pedestal install at the lower lot. I don't think they plan on running additional conduits downhill.

D8EFE050-B25E-49EC-BD0E-513C5A1F84D6.jpeg

I’m here at the site. The San Diego region Supercharger curse hits again. How hard is it to run conduit to code? Sure enough, they had to move the metal conduit from the fire hydrant area and trench it beside the retaining wall.

But they didn’t do the rework properly. Somehow these guys don’t understand the concept of electrical conduit needing to be 18” underground....

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV and MP3Mike
648A64F9-306C-4F80-BB68-4029D74D510C.jpeg

Other than this continual conduit screw up, doesn’t look like a lot got done yesterday and today other than pouring concrete edges for the two stalls below the parking lot. The you can see the two urban style SC pedestals lying on the ground.