Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Carlsbad, CA (7710 El Camino Real, LIVE 27 Sep 2018, 26 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, most people would not get excited about seeing construction fencing. But we are a different breed... ;)

Yeah, bat *sugar* crazy. When I told the construction dude that he was going to get random Tesla people stopping by during construction, he kinda looked at me funny. Man, they probably requested opaque fencing just because of my comment! Sigh.

• Funny
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Ah man, opaque construction fencing! Now I’m going to have to go there after hours to check on progress! They even fenced off the hillside!

On the other hand, you might just happen to be in that general vicinity to test out your:

1. Drone
2. Stepladder
3. Selfie stick
4. Bucket truck
5. Scaffolding

Just sayin'. :)

Bruce.

This is a much needed site. Traveling to SD will be so much easier now. I can arrive with a lower SOC (compared to San Clemente) and fill up a bit faster, arrive to SD with sufficient charge to not worry for a couple of days, then charge again here on the way back.

As construction gets closer to completion, someone please ask the crew where they are going next. Hopefully, it is to the other Carlsbad location.

I just drove round and even more beige fencing up the top and at the bottom of the stairs. I think they are doing some ground works and maybe landscaping at the top. Looks likes someones been digging above the parking lot or they got large moles. There is also some wierd pump in the building below and further along, not sure if its related --- but its covered by the same beige fencing.

What company is SoCal?

How geeky are we?

• Funny
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I just drove round and even more beige fencing up the top and at the bottom of the stairs. I think they are doing some ground works and maybe landscaping at the top. Looks likes someones been digging above the parking lot or they got large moles. There is also some wierd pump in the building below and further along, not sure if its related --- but its covered by the same beige fencing.

What company is SoCal?

How geeky are we?

SoCal is a fence and Porta potty rental company. SoCal Industries - Rent Portable Toilets | Luxury Restrooms | Temporary Fences | Sinks for Rent | Porta Potty Rental in Los Angeles.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
20180423_134757.jpg
20180423_134809.jpg
20180423_134819.jpg
I went by the site this afternoon, Monday 4/25. There was a lot of work being done, asphalt being jackhammered, lots of equipment, and a number of workers present. I was able to climb a few feet into the landscaping to take some photos so you all can get an idea of what is going on. I'm guessing about 3-months to completion.
20180423_134757.jpg
20180423_134809.jpg
20180423_134819.jpg

I noticed today that the Tesla supercharger app finally listed this site as under construction. As late as yesterday, the app still listed the site as just permitted...so I guess the paperwork caught up with the workers.

Other construction workers have finally begun work on rehabbing business spaces in the decrepit buildings below the supercharger site located in the upper parking lot. Hopefully, there will be some businesses that will be useful to folks using the chargers. Starbucks, Broken Yolk and other charger friendly businesses are located across La Costa Blvd in another shopping center, but one needs to cross at the light at the corner of La Costa Blvd and El Camino Real to be safe.

Another somewhat negative feature of this charging site is the strange entrance/exit road to that upper lot; currently, only one way in and out, if newbies can find it! If all of the chargers are being used (hopefully not), then it would be a case of musical chairs in order to que up for the next available charger. Really, I don't mean to be negative, having 26 new chargers in North County San Diego = MINDBLOWING!

Last edited:
I noticed today that the Tesla supercharger app finally listed this site as under construction. As late as yesterday, the app still listed the site as just permitted...so I guess the paperwork caught up with the workers. Other construction workers have finally begun work on rehabbing business spaces in the decrep building

What's the Tesla supercharger app? If it's like supercharge.info, it mostly gets its info from threads like this one.

I noticed today that the Tesla supercharger app finally listed this site as under construction. As late as yesterday, the app still listed the site as just permitted...so I guess the paperwork caught up with the workers.

Other construction workers have finally begun work on rehabbing business spaces in the decrepit buildings below the supercharger site located in the upper parking lot. Hopefully, there will be some businesses that will be useful to folks using the chargers. Starbucks, Broken Yolk and other charger friendly businesses are located across La Costa Blvd in another shopping center, but one needs to cross at the light at the corner of La Costa Blvd and El Camino Real to be safe.

Another somewhat negative feature of this charging site is the strange entrance/exit road to that upper lot; currently, only one way in and out, if newbies can find it! If all of the chargers are being used (hopefully not), then it would be a case of musical chairs in order to que up for the next available charger. Really, I don't mean to be negative, having 26 new chargers in North County San Diego = MINDBLOWING!
One way is definitely best, especially if it is crowded. Otherwise you'd have people trying to race each other to an open spot from both sides.

Went and checked this out on Sunday. There was some heavy trenching and clearly a move-ahead sort of thing happening. This can't come online soon enough! I have only charged locally at Qualcomm a couple times and it's always been at odd hours and I've never had to wait or anything like that. . . But over the last several weeks I've been tapping that site a couple times a day during my commute and it's either full or 2-3 from full every time I check it out. Hopefully this ultimately solves the problem.