Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cedar Rapids, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ames (e.g., intersection of I-35 and US 30) would also be nice.
There is a pair of 62kw L3 CCS/Chademo chargers in Ames at the Kum & Go. You'll need either Tesla's Chademo adapter or one of the third party CCS adapters to use them. (Tesla is supposedly bringing out a CCS adapter...someday.)

I agree having some sort of L3 charger in Decorah would be nice. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Tesla to put a SC there; doesn't seem like there would be enough traffic to justify it at this point (although I could be wrong; Tesla is planning to put in how many thousand more SCs over the next couple of years?). It might be quicker to contact the local electric utility in Decorah and ask them to put a CCS/Chademo charger in. Or perhaps call the city of Decorah and ask them, pointing out that it would give people a reason to stop for 30 minutes or so in their town which could mean more tourist/traveler money in their pockets. Heck, the town of Norway, WI managed to get an L3 charger installed; tell the folks in Decorah to ask them how they did it.

There is a pair of 62kw L3 CCS/Chademo chargers in Ames at the Kum & Go. You'll need either Tesla's Chademo adapter or one of the third party CCS adapters to use them. (Tesla is supposedly bringing out a CCS adapter...someday.)

I agree having some sort of L3 charger in Decorah would be nice. But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Tesla to put a SC there; doesn't seem like there would be enough traffic to justify it at this point (although I could be wrong; Tesla is planning to put in how many thousand more SCs over the next couple of years?). It might be quicker to contact the local electric utility in Decorah and ask them to put a CCS/Chademo charger in. Or perhaps call the city of Decorah and ask them, pointing out that it would give people a reason to stop for 30 minutes or so in their town which could mean more tourist/traveler money in their pockets. Heck, the town of Norway, WI managed to get an L3 charger installed; tell the folks in Decorah to ask them how they did it.

I'm hoping to talk with the Decorah EV planning commission soon. I happened to run into someone at one of the L2 chargers recently that is part of it and offered some feedback from Tesla owners. I did mention more low level L2 is better than nothing but something at L3 would be a major difference.

Reactions: frnkblk
Getting closer!!!

PXL_20220305_171232724.jpg

OK. I'll swing by sometime this week and post here if they're live. Unless someone beats me to it. I have free supercharging for my model 3. And drive over 20,000 a year. Really looking forward to it.
Nice, 250kw charging abilities & unlimited for free... I have a Model S that originally came with AP2.0, so mine is a bit slower. No unlimited Supercharging, but I do have free premium connectivity.

New Supercharger coming soon to Cedar Rapids, IA. 8 stalls are coming soon to the Hy-Vee located at 20 Wilson Ave SW, more precisely on the highlighted part in the parking lot. Plans out next week

View attachment 761800
Just spoke to the store manager. There was a hiccup between Tesla and Alliant Energy. The wrong size power box was put in. So 2-4 weeks these should be operational. 👍🏼

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and frnkblk
Nice, 250kw charging abilities & unlimited for free... I have a Model S that originally came with AP2.0, so mine is a bit slower. No unlimited Supercharging, but I do have free premium connectivity.

Nice! Look for a red model 3 "ultra doom" and say hi.
They were not on Friday. Haven't checked since then.
I'm here now. The cords are energized to open my charge port but no power to charge the car. Some workers are working on powerlines on the street. Possibly related. Perhaps later today.
Just spoke to the store manager. There was a hiccup between Tesla and Alliant Energy. The wrong size power box was put in. So 2-4 weeks these should be operational. 👍🏼
Great that they're here. Bad that it'll be a few more weeks. So Q2 for sure.

Nice! Look for a red model 3 "ultra doom" and say hi.

I'm here now. The cords are energized to open my charge port but no power to charge the car. Some workers are working on powerlines on the street. Possibly related. Perhaps later today.

Great that they're here. Bad that it'll be a few more weeks. So Q2 for sure.
I live 3 miles from there and my daughter goes to Wilson Middle school which is right down the street from Hy-Vee. I will check this weekend and see if they are live