Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Centralia, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Andy great Photos...... That Big green transformer box in your photo there on the concrete box is all that's left to be done here in Burlington.. Seem that ADK swap the builds because of permit problems but the power company still doing the install as the original design. Looking at Photo they be done the end of the following week after the fourth.

PhilBa is correct. The areas that tend to flood are to the south...mainly closer to Chehalis.

During the last flood the Denny's next door to the Superchargers flooded. I remember that the Shari's on the other side of the freeway flooded too and the building was shut down for a couple years. It is now Papa Pete's Pizza. The elevated freeway there doesn't flood but the surface streets do.

Thanks for the correction, V23 to 12V. Those 100 year floods every five years or so suck.

During the last flood the Denny's next door to the Superchargers flooded. I remember that the Shari's on the other side of the freeway flooded too and the building was shut down for a couple years. It is now Papa Pete's Pizza. The elevated freeway there doesn't flood but the surface streets do.

The transformer and chargers are installed

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

These crates contain the connectors to install within the supercharger pedestals. Maybe they'll go in after pizza?

IMG_0292.JPG

I went to Portland today to pick up an item, and stopped at Burgerville to charge in both directions. I took photos of the progress:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

I also learned from the head guy that 1) the Burlington SC deployment is being delayed by the electrical company there which has not yet delivered the transformer. ETA is Tues/Wed of next week. Testing only takes hours, apparently. So maybe by the end of next week. That nixes my trip over the N Cascade Highway on Friday; 2) No similar problems in Centralia. Expect a mid week first charge after the Burlington go-live. I hope it's the 10th...that was the day I picked!

The workers there were under the impression that Brianman was going to deliver pizzas to the Centralia workforce today in person (he told me around 2:30), and I waited until 3:45, but no Brianman. I was looking forward to taking photos of that! :wink:

Last edited: