Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I had a ranger here from Charlotte today checking out my parking sensor issue. Was talking about the supercharger and they said it was unlikely to be operational tomorrow.

I haven't heard anything else personally. I also haven't been to the area lately.

I am picking someone up at CLT tomorrow afternoon, so, I'll try to swing by and see if anything is going on.

Do the contractors ordinarily wait until all the inspections are done and documents signed before final cleanup and connection? I suppose they prefer to finish up before thirsty cars arrive.

The contractors that did the Hamilton, NJ site had an equipment trailer and some other things on site up until about 6 hours before the launch event.

Stopped here a minute ago. Still closed and covered up. Looks like they were digging from the supercharger pad to the transformer pad... contractor was on the phone so couldn't ask anything.

Will post pics shortly

- - - Updated - - -

2015-02-12 13.38.23.jpg

Stopped by here this morning at about 4:45AM. Still looks the same. Power meter appears to not be powered. There are also wires coming up for what looks like should be a street light post that are unconnected.

A couple of the stalls seemed to be missing their plastic covers and their top was actually open... and we have a storm coming. I was going to try and cover them, but I didn't have anything big enough with me. :( Hopefully nothing gets damaged.

2015-02-16 04.46.01-1920.jpg

2015-02-16 04.46.11-1920.jpg

2015-02-16 04.46.21-1920.jpg

2015-02-16 04.46.30-1920.jpg

2015-02-16 04.46.43-1920.jpg

2015-02-16 04.46.58-1920.jpg

Thanks to everyone updating this thread. What is taking so long for them to get this up and working? I have a trip to Atlanta next month and obviously need to stop here. I hope they also get the situation in Greenville fixed soon, too. wk057--you have two HPWCs? That's pretty cool, but just one Tesla?

Did anybody notice the Handicapped parking sign on the pole with the Tesla Electric Vehicle sign?? I just got my Tesla two months ago and have not yet used a supercharger, but a handicapped limited supercharger stall? I assume that will change.

Update! I have witnessed the building of a Tesla Supercharger station at the intersection of Mallard Creek Church Road and Mallard Creek Road in the University area of Charlotte, NC. The closest address I can determine based on Google Maps is 10606 Mallard Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262. It is located in the Cochran Commons parking lot adjacent to Harris Teeter and Walgreens. The GPS coordinates are 35.341277,-80.766021. The location is roughly 1.5 miles from I-85 at Exit 46 (SB) or 46B (NB). In addition to Harris Teeter and Walgreens, there are several small restaurants, a local coffee house, several medical offices and a newly opened Fresh Market within a short walk from this location. Also, there are two nice greenways (Clarks Creek and Mallard Creek) a short distance away (roughly 1.25 miles depending on the direction you take).

Update! I have witnessed the building of a Tesla Supercharger station at the intersection of Mallard Creek Church Road and Mallard Creek Road in the University area of Charlotte, NC. The closest address I can determine based on Google Maps is 10606 Mallard Creek Rd, Charlotte, NC 28262. It is located in the Cochran Commons parking lot adjacent to Harris Teeter and Walgreens. The GPS coordinates are 35.341277,-80.766021. The location is roughly 1.5 miles from I-85 at Exit 46 (SB) or 46B (NB). In addition to Harris Teeter and Walgreens, there are several small restaurants, a local coffee house, several medical offices and a newly opened Fresh Market within a short walk from this location. Also, there are two nice greenways (Clarks Creek and Mallard Creek) a short distance away (roughly 1.25 miles depending on the direction you take).

I think you're a little late to the party...

Welcome to the forums. And thanks for trying to be helpful.

The Supercharger you are describing is described in some detail, with pictures, in this thread, so you found the right place to post, though perhaps not exactly the freshest of information. Your intentions were good, though, so thanks!