Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by 9/5 and cones are still blocking the chargers - was told by security guard that a guard rail needed to be installed around the high voltage area and that the engineer on site was shaking his head, turned off the chargers and walked away - take that for what its worth - but still not operating as of yesterday.

Good information, thanks for the update.

High voltage area? Isn't the entire installation high voltage right up to the point of delivery to the vehicle?

I assume they mean the transformer(s) need impact protection..

Is this Supercharger working? I'm going to be traveling up to Chattanooga today. I'd like to be able to use a Supercharger for the first time. If not, I'll have to use my wife's ICE.
It is still NOT working as of 5 PM Sunday. I hope they get it turned on this morning. I will check around 10 AM. If you would like, my 100 Amp HPWC is available about 5 miles away from the airport. Less than a mile off I-75. I am on PlugShare. Give me a call.

It is still NOT working as of 5 PM Sunday. I hope they get it turned on this morning. I will check around 10 AM. If you would like, my 100 Amp HPWC is available about 5 miles away from the airport. Less than a mile off I-75. I am on PlugShare. Give me a call.

Thanks for the offer! I just woke up from my night shift and will be headed up in a few hours. Any news?

It's alive!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! High volts. High Amps. No Waiting. No Fees. Happiness is a Tesla. Supreme Happiness is a Tesla AND a Tesla SuperCharger less than 5 miles from your house. I won't be using the SuperCharger all that much since my solar powered HPWC is already giving me all the free electrons my car needs, but it is still nice knowing that it is there and it is available.

It's alive!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!! High volts. High Amps. No Waiting. No Fees. Happiness is a Tesla. Supreme Happiness is a Tesla AND a Tesla SuperCharger less than 5 miles from your house. I won't be using the SuperCharger all that much since my solar powered HPWC is already giving me all the free electrons my car needs, but it is still nice knowing that it is there and it is available.

Congratulations! Hopefully, Nashville, Louisville and Indy won't be too far behind.

Feeling pretty chipper there Chipper?

And another node in the network is completed.

+1

Great news

- - - Updated - - -

I have been waiting for this for a while. I am extremely surprised that Tesla installed one here as quickly as they did. Chattanooga was not even on the 2014 calendar. It was on the 2015 calendar. I am hoping this bodes well for many other network nodes.

I keep hoping that there will be plans for an I40 / I81 corridor for the near future.

Used the Chattanooga Supercharger this week and it was awesome! Charging was fast and the site is easy on/off the highway. Have to say the in car navigation is wrong though. Tesla needs to definitely fix that. It took me to the access road next to the airport but there is no entrance there. You have to go towards the terminal drop off and follow signs to the intermediate lot. Parking is free for 2 hours but you will not need that much time at all.

Tesla posted a great photo of this location yesterday and this for those that are not on Facebook.
10688461_10152696171592801_4853620305752539153_o.jpg