Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My very first Supercharge, in Chattanooga, 9/14/2014 (edit: was incorrect 9/13/2014):

Chattanooga_SC_1.jpg

My Model S, Chipper & his Model S, and another gentleman from Knoxville awaiting his Model S in November:

Chattanooga_SC_2.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats, ...

...but boy, a chain link equipment enclosure is pretty ugly...
So very true, but this is not near ANY business establishments. It is in an airport parking lot. Aesthetics were not all that important in this location. I REALLY wish they had built this SuperCharger at the mall instead of the out-of-the-way airport. Even so, it is wonderful to have one here in Chattanooga!

So very true, but this is not near ANY business establishments. It is in an airport parking lot. Aesthetics were not all that important in this location. I REALLY wish they had built this SuperCharger at the mall instead of the out-of-the-way airport. Even so, it is wonderful to have one here in Chattanooga!

Good to see two Tesla's at this location especially mid-week. Didn't think that would happen at this location for quite a while.

Anyone have a sense as to how much extra time the diversion on a Nashville/Atlanta route will take to get over to the airport and back on route? I don't mean the charging time - just the road time. Thanks.

About five minutes each way, I would say.

I tried yesterday on my way back from Atlanta to Murfreesboro. It was about 10 minutes to the airport from I-75/I-24 split and 10 minutes to get back on I-24.

I'd say more like 10-15. The chargers are in the airport Intermediate Parking Lot which is located right BEFORE you get to the terminal on the right hand side. . . .

It timed this in and out twice on my trip. From the middle of the I-24/75 interchange to the SC parking spot--6-7 minutes. No traffic delays.

Going to be taking our first road trip from Nashville to Atlanta this weekend and will be getting to Supercharge for the first time in Chattanooga. Yay!

Question for those of you who have gotten a chance to use it: any issues with ICEing in this location? I'm going to have the wife and younguns with me and I DON'T relish having to wait for a spot with them in tow.

Thanks in advance!

(PS - Hello, Chipper! We got a chance to meet at the Nashville dealer hearing a few months back. Hope all is well out your way!)

Hey Todd no problem with iceing. I use it every couple of weeks. it is close to the exit booth so i guess folks are cautious. the Tesla navigation is wrong here. just follow the intermediate parking terminal signs and enter intermediate parking just before the terminal. nice location restrooms close etc.

I have NEVER seen a problem with ICEing here. There was once a guy who worked in the booth using it to be close to his booth, and once a guy was parking his Tesla at the charger while on an extended trip but those issues are both now remedied. There are 6 bays and the most I have ever seen in action at one time has been 3. Let me know when you are coming and we can share a cuppa coffee at the snack bar. (It's not very good coffee, but at least it is expensive!)