Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Clayton, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s funny, these areas, it not like there’s no electrical infrastructure, but it’s like being stuck in the middle of the ocean. Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink.

A level 2 charger is better then nothing, but if Tesla can’t or won’t install a supercharger then a 50-100kw dc charger would be a good compromise.

It seems the problem is DC fast chargers are expensive. The express 250 from charge point looks like it hovers around $40k for just the charger itself. Another $25k for a transformer, and panels/gear, and installation at a minimum. IF it takes $65k to install one charger, and Tesla’s still need an adapter, that’s a hard sell imho.

I’ll still pitch in $100 if anyone wants to get a go fund me started.

That's a lot of grants for Francis Energy sites and they have locations all over Oklahoma. I've reached out to them before about Clayton, Dalhart, and Boise City but got no response. That gives me hope that they are expanding so maybe one or all of them will get DCFCs eventually.

Edit: Looks like they're nearly all at Allsup's locations in NM and there's an Allsup's in Clayton and Dalhart.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If Allsups gets on board it’s game over in NM and TX. There’s almost as many Allsups in this area as there are Superchargers in CA! I hope that whatever they install (CCS), we’ll be able to get an adapter.

I never would have guessed Allsups. They’ve always seamed like the dirtier/dingy service center compared to the modern Loves and Pilot/FJ. Still better than Stripes. btw do NOT eat the Mexican food at Stripes unless you have access to a bathroom for the next 24 hours.. don’t ask how I know.

IMHO Pilot dropped the ball by not installing chargers when they constructed all the new truck stops. It seams like there is a new Pilot every 20 miles. So good on Allsups in NM for picking up the slack.

• Funny
Reactions: CO_MY
If Allsups gets on board it’s game over in NM and TX. There’s almost as many Allsups in this area as there are Superchargers in CA! I hope that whatever they install (CCS), we’ll be able to get an adapter.

I never would have guessed Allsups. They’ve always seamed like the dirtier/dingy service center compared to the modern Loves and Pilot/FJ. Still better than Stripes. btw do NOT eat the Mexican food at Stripes unless you have access to a bathroom for the next 24 hours.. don’t ask how I know.

IMHO Pilot dropped the ball by not installing chargers when they constructed all the new truck stops. It seams like there is a new Pilot every 20 miles. So good on Allsups in NM for picking up the slack.
Allsups is legit, Their chimi's are kickass.

• Love
Reactions: quickstrike12