Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Go Fund Me for EV Charging in SE NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like someone was able to provide info for the Go Fund Me campaign on plugshare. Thank you to whoever was able to achieve that. I had attempted it previously but it kept getting edited for some reason.

You’re welcome. I added the GoFundMe link, marked it as open 24/7 and added a second charging station (it originally showed one wall connector).

Reactions: nwdiver
Do you have special access? I wasn't able to edit it. Can you copy and paste the same info onto the Artesia McDs? I'm unable to edit it.

I don’t have special access and Artesia is locked for some reason. I just flagged it and ask that it be unlocked for community edits and construction updates... we’ll see what happens.

Reactions: sdoorex and nwdiver
The PlugShare listing for Artesia has been unlocked. I added some basic stuff to the description and included the GoFundMe link.

In my opinion, maintaining an active presence on PlugShare will spread awareness of this project and will hopefully result in additional donations. People like construction pics, too, so keep that in mind.

The PlugShare listing for Artesia has been unlocked. I added some basic stuff to the description and included the GoFundMe link.

In my opinion, maintaining an active presence on PlugShare will spread awareness of this project and will hopefully result in additional donations. People like construction pics, too, so keep that in mind.

I enjoyed your comment on plugshare :)

Maybe Tesla needs to have a ~5 question test. If you get all five questions correct you get a $20 gift certificate. Just encouraging Tesla owners to do a little more research would probably we worth the expense. Pretty sure ~1% of owners are ~99.9% of the problem...

Trying to decide if I should install a 48A juicebox in Artesia this year and maybe add a 80A when they're available next year or just wait until next year. Thoughts? What I think is really great about these is that they're wifi connected so we should be able to see if the stations are in use remotely. I believe the Gen 3 HPWC should be the same.

Please do. At this stage I think volume of decent charging spots Trump's waiting for the ideal situation.

It's kinda funny. I targeted Roswell first because I thought that was the most critical point but lately I've been driving up to Cloudcroft a lot. Charging in Artesia even for just 20 minutes on L2 would make that trip A LOT less stressful.

1+

I am feeling Amp envy again, and I don't think it will go away until DC charging shows up.

Francis Energy has some DCFC’s planed for the Allsup fuel stations in NM using VW settlement money. Probably CCS1 and maybe some chademo. We just need Tesla or Setec to get their adapter out and working correctly.

I emailed Francis Energy and asked if they had anything started and ....not even a permit filed yet. So it’s a snails race between Tesla and third party charging companies to install DCFC in SE NM.

Francis Energy has some DCFC’s planed for the Allsup fuel stations in NM using VW settlement money. Probably CCS1 and maybe some chademo. We just need Tesla or Setec to get their adapter out and working correctly.

I emailed Francis Energy and asked if they had anything started and ....not even a permit filed yet. So it’s a snails race between Tesla and third party charging companies to install DCFC in SE NM.

I'm betting those will cost ~$0.50/kWh. Better than nothing but....

I'm hoping to get Artesia started in a month or so. Plan to order the equipment in a few weeks. The McDs owner is pleased with the reception the Roswell HPWCs have received. Glad he didn't get sticker shock. He's donating >$100/mo in electricity. Probably not a lot all things considered.

Next time I’m in Roswell I’ll be sure to stop by McDs, thank them and order a #3.

You might be right about the cost per kwh, and my money is on them being 25 or 50kw max.

It’d be nice if you could get dual chargers on the 3 and Y, at 22kw you can get some quick range out of an L2 charger.

Reactions: nwdiver
Would I need to change out my breaker box if I put a v3 supercharger in my garage...

asking for a friend...

Yes.

Also.... the feeder lines going to your breaker box.

.... also your meter base.

..... also the lines going to your meter base.

.... also the transformer.... and add 2 more transformers...

.... possibly the lines feeding your transformer ;)

.... almost certainly the lines feeding your transformer since that's typically only 1 phase and your need 3 phase for a supercharger...

• Funny
Reactions: SanteeMike
It’d be nice if you could get dual chargers on the 3 and Y, at 22kw you can get some quick range out of an L2 charger.
So far as I know, all Tesla models in N. America are either 2 or 3 on-board chargers of 16 Amps each. Europe has a 3 phase charging option but I don't understand it and in any case, I don't think I have ever read of over 11.5 kW -- the same as single phase 240v at 48 Amps.

This all makes me think that @nwdiver will dangle 20 kW feeds out of our reach until moderately priced DC is available.
I'm joking, of course. Chris is doing brilliant work. I'm just jealous I cannot take advantage of it yet.