Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Precisely the the douchebaggery I was referring to. Embarrassing. DBAD.

"Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control"
So far you've called people douchebags and claimed embarrassment without providing any evidence. You have also mentioned some sort of "trauma" without further explanation. Please feel free to fill in the blanks so we can understand your valuable perspective!

Precisely the the douchebaggery I was referring to. Embarrassing. DBAD.

"Wonderful to hear that Christine appears to be embracing the opportunity of additional customers. I’m hoping she gets past whatever trauma occurred, to the point where she doesn’t need to tell customers and enable them to feel good vs guilty for something out of their, and seemingly her, control"
The seeming sexism and insult to all women with such an inappropriate word choice and apparent overreaction notwithstanding, I stand by my comment as it was a positive hope and no one should have continued trauma stopping a good opportunity for success. I don’t know why you’d want to continue prolonging the perception there’s still an issue though you likely just did. I honestly am feeling sorry for you if you can’t tell the difference as it must be a very lonely life.

If I was being a jerk, i would be determining your static IP address, pulling the physical endpoint allocation from your dsl provider and then either posting it publicly for doxxing or sending a defamation suit to your physical address, just for giggles... the “anonymity” of the Internet is a fallacy... you might wish to use a vpn... Thankfully I’m rarely such a person..

There's also a separate thread for the Leavenworth supercharger. Let's stay on topic here.
As a new member, @SarahB may be unaware that there’s a thread per Supercharger location per region; from the time they are first suspected through completion, and actively updated with issues or concerns. The Leavenworth one is at Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA and is a great addition for those people using the scenic US-2 for sure.

Hi Mike, I did not know about the thread for Supercharger-Leavenworth and will check it out. Can you tell me how to create a post if I wish to do that? So far I have only been able to reply.
I don't recall, but it's fairly common for forum software to not allow new members to start threads until they reach a certain number of posts. That number is often 10 so you're almost there!

When you get to that point, look at the Northwest forum page (or any forum page) and in the upper right corner you will see a red box that says "Start new thread."

Congrats on your MX and welcome (again) to the forum.

I feel sad that anyone should feel embarrassed about owning any Tesla, doubly so if it’s due to the portrayal of other owners being boorish. I just reread this thread and noted 5 posts that could be considered (through some pretty major filters*) as potentially against one local business owner, vs the other 107. The asterisk is because I have interacted a bunch with the authors of these posts and am confident from their previous actions that nothing is further from the your perception. I have met a few self-righteous owners - the ratio is about 30:1 for me and I’m proud to be a part of this family.
I, too, laud the intent of everyone being civil, polite, and supporting local businesses. It’s a win-win opportunity and a common theme here.
The poor initial reception by some local businesses reacting emotionally is thankfully significantly rarer than those who embrace the additional potential customers. There are many accounts of people here continuing to win over local businesses.

I’m previously familiar with both the stresses of small companies surviving hand-to-mouth and also in consumer/retail space. In service industry it sucks when you have to deal with prima donnas for sure.
I also live chunks of time east of the Cascades, and have had my fair share of friendly, and some not-so, people; the latter leaving a pretty sour taste, though I now wear my “Coastie” moniker with pride ;)
I haven’t visited this site yet, though it might be interesting for you to pop into the bar next time, and see if they also have the same interpretation of Tesla owners. There may be more to this than we know.

As my first post, I can provide some valuable insight regarding this build out and "impact" to the Bistro. This location, as most members are aware, has been underdevelopment for almost 2 years prior to the start of construction. It had numerous design issues given the location.

All project details where discussed multiple times with all stakeholders including a publicly advertised City of Cle Elum counsel meeting to seek a variance. The construction duration was discussed at the pre-con. Tesla and their contractor went above & beyond to satisfy the Bistro's owner throughout the short construction duration. The total construction duration was just 23 calendar days or 21 working days which you are all ware is stupid fast for a Supercharger build out, let alone a fully development Supercharger site from dirt to open to public. Please let me know of another Supercharger site (12 stall min.) in North America or globally that was built that fast... Doesn't currently exist.

Tesla owners are, in general, by far more polite and understanding than 90% of the population, the other 10% are, well you know, lost in life.

Now the meat... Within the first couple days of construction the Bistro's owner was suggesting that she was going to loose "$10k" in sales per week... o_O Hmm... ok... After which ,Tesla and their contractors were threaten by Bistro's owner with lawsuits and arrest due to her multiple false accusations of trespassing calls to 911. (Public record via City of Cle Elum PD) The Bistro's owner took every opportunity to impede the construction progress of this site including filling a complaint against the City Planner. Note the Bistro's owner is "well known" throughout the valley and once held a city counsel position. Although, this Supercharger site was open to the public on Friday, December 7th, if you look at the publicly available drawings you'll notice that the drainage to the south has not been completed. One could assume that this was due to weather but in reality it was probably due to the threats made by the Bistro's owner to Tesla directly and their contractors. Better to let her collect herself, hoping she'll become rational and respectful after Tesla owners double her yearly revenue.

That said, construction can and does impact small businesses but generally with larger projects that have much longer construction durations. This was simply another case of resistance to change and a short-term perspective, by the Bistro's owner. Of course, Tesla, Tesla Owner, and Tesla fanatics are no strangers to this.

The coffee, food offerings and pricing at the Bistro are all good. It's just her perspective the needs work or may be a member or members on here are interested in buying her out... just saying. Bistro's owner had stated she wanted to sell her business... could be a Super opportunity! :D

I hope the Bristro's owner turns a new leaf but I for one won't be hold my breath.

Charge On!!! Resistance is Futile!!! :p
DJI_0917.JPG

As my first post, I can provide some valuable insight regarding this build out and "impact" to the Bistro......
Thank you for your very detailed, informative, and well-written summary. During my “encounter” with this woman, I could tell there was a serious axe to grind, but didn’t realize the extent of the problem. I doubt she will change her “sunny disposition” because of a few pleasant Tesla owners. I’m still planning to use the charging stations, but probably won’t get out of the car or spend any money at the business. I value customer service and frequent businesses who need my business. This one seems to be lacking in both respects.

Thank you for your very detailed, informative, and well-written summary. During my “encounter” with this woman, I could tell there was a serious axe to grind, but didn’t realize the extent of the problem. I doubt she will change her “sunny disposition” because of a few pleasant Tesla owners. I’m still planning to use the charging stations, but probably won’t get out of the car or spend any money at the business. I value customer service and frequent businesses who need my business. This one seems to be lacking in both respects.

Completely understand, hopefully she sells the business to someone more customer service focused.

Reactions: IdaX
After which ,Tesla and their contractors were threaten by Bistro's owner with lawsuits and arrest due to her multiple false accusations of trespassing calls to 911. (Public record via City of Cle Elum PD) The Bistro's owner took every opportunity to impede the construction progress of this site including filling a complaint against the City Planner. Note the Bistro's owner is "well known" throughout the valley and once held a city counsel position. Although, this Supercharger site was open to the public on Friday, December 7th, if you look at the publicly available drawings you'll notice that the drainage to the south has not been completed. One could assume that this was due to weather but in reality it was probably due to the threats made by the Bistro's owner to Tesla directly and their contractors. Better to let her collect herself, hoping she'll become rational and respectful after Tesla owners double her yearly revenue.
:eek:Wow!!!! Thank you for providing this background information. Maybe now @Mr. Pink will feel bad for jumping to erroneous conclusions and trying to shame Tesla owners.

Reactions: Resolute Soul
As my first post, I can provide some valuable insight regarding this build out and "impact" to the Bistro. This location, as most members are aware, has been underdevelopment for almost 2 years prior to the start of construction. It had numerous design issues given the location.

All project details where discussed multiple times with all stakeholders including a publicly advertised City of Cle Elum counsel meeting to seek a variance. The construction duration was discussed at the pre-con. Tesla and their contractor went above & beyond to satisfy the Bistro's owner throughout the short construction duration. The total construction duration was just 23 calendar days or 21 working days which you are all ware is stupid fast for a Supercharger build out, let alone a fully development Supercharger site from dirt to open to public. Please let me know of another Supercharger site (12 stall min.) in North America or globally that was built that fast... Doesn't currently exist.

Tesla owners are, in general, by far more polite and understanding than 90% of the population, the other 10% are, well you know, lost in life.

Now the meat... Within the first couple days of construction the Bistro's owner was suggesting that she was going to loose "$10k" in sales per week... o_O Hmm... ok... After which ,Tesla and their contractors were threaten by Bistro's owner with lawsuits and arrest due to her multiple false accusations of trespassing calls to 911. (Public record via City of Cle Elum PD) The Bistro's owner took every opportunity to impede the construction progress of this site including filling a complaint against the City Planner. Note the Bistro's owner is "well known" throughout the valley and once held a city counsel position. Although, this Supercharger site was open to the public on Friday, December 7th, if you look at the publicly available drawings you'll notice that the drainage to the south has not been completed. One could assume that this was due to weather but in reality it was probably due to the threats made by the Bistro's owner to Tesla directly and their contractors. Better to let her collect herself, hoping she'll become rational and respectful after Tesla owners double her yearly revenue.

That said, construction can and does impact small businesses but generally with larger projects that have much longer construction durations. This was simply another case of resistance to change and a short-term perspective, by the Bistro's owner. Of course, Tesla, Tesla Owner, and Tesla fanatics are no strangers to this.

The coffee, food offerings and pricing at the Bistro are all good. It's just her perspective the needs work or may be a member or members on here are interested in buying her out... just saying. Bistro's owner had stated she wanted to sell her business... could be a Super opportunity! :D

I hope the Bristro's owner turns a new leaf but I for one won't be hold my breath.

Charge On!!! Resistance is Futile!!! :p
View attachment 374523
Thanks for the background info. Whilst I initially felt some sympathy for the Bistro owner, that is no longer the case and will never frequent there again under its current ownership. If I were the bar, I’d get a nice coffee machine ;-)

The retail leases probably aren't that sophisticated in Cle Elum, but I worked retail in a previous lifetime, and it was common that non-compete clauses were written into the leases. For example at a small mall I worked in, there was a coffee shop and a sandwich/soup/salad type lunch place. The sandwich place was specifically forbidden from selling coffee and the coffee shop could not sell soup, salad, etc.