Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iv actually thought about the lounge idea. Great suggestion, Thank you.
2nd on the restroom improvements. The four stalls at Starbucks/Taco Del Mar at the Ellensburg SC get a lot of traffic and often have a waiting line as long as the ordering line. I would also like to have a picnic table in the shade. I normally pick up coffee at Starbucks, but bring my own healthy food. I will definitely consider switching locations for such incentives.

BTW, are you one of us? White X. Also, will send you a private message.

Interacting with Tesla owners here and letting us know the location will be under different ownership is a good start :)

There has also been discussion of this supercharger on the Pacific Northwest Tesla Facebook page. You could also try joining that group (you will need admin approval) and posting there. Good luck!

Northwest Tesla Owners
I joined! Thank you! I am a tesla owner myself, so I always interact

I certainly would buy a few T-shirt’s with a Supercharger on it and “Cle Elum Washington” on itand I guess “Gunnar’s deli” or is the name change possible.

Attachments

• 6898136E-E08B-4E6F-A1BE-744C36D00F50.jpeg
    6898136E-E08B-4E6F-A1BE-744C36D00F50.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 80
Interacting with Tesla owners here and letting us know the location will be under different ownership is a good start :)

There has also been discussion of this supercharger on the Pacific Northwest Tesla Facebook page. You could also try joining that group (you will need admin approval) and posting there. Good luck!

Northwest Tesla Owners
Curious.... when you have to stop and charge, Do you (or most) sit in their car? Find a fun place to hang out? Mingle with others? Grab food or something to drink?

When driving solo I would say all of the above, except for sitting in the car. Minimally I try to walk around, occasionally even go for a small jog as sitting and driving for 2 hour stretches is not particularly good on the body.

When kids and family are with me, taking care of their needs at supercharger stops is all-consuming and in most cases takes longer than the charge itself.

Reactions: laceyblackman
Curious.... when you have to stop and charge, Do you (or most) sit in their car? Find a fun place to hang out? Mingle with others? Grab food or something to drink?

For me, it depends on the location. If there's a local cafe or coffee shop, I'll usually go in. If there is nothing going on or it's a bunch of chain fast food places, I'll hang out in the car and catch up on the internet. Shade helps get me out of the car, especially in the summer. My favorite Supercharger locations are ones with trees or a shaded picnic area where I can chill out without sitting in the car.

I would do just about anything else other than just sit in the car. Sitting without doing something feels like boredom pretty quickly. This is one of the most important things to get through to people who are new to electric cars. They are used to the filling station mindset, where they get out, put in the filling hose and then stand there and wait, doing nothing, while the car fills up. That is going to drive people crazy with the longer time it takes for charging.

So I emphasize to always plan to walk away from the car and do something, even if it's just to walk down the street and look around a little bit or go into a gas station to get a coffee or iced tea to go or basically anything at all, because that will make 10-15 minutes disappear without your noticing it, so it gets rid of that waiting feeling, or at least reduces the amount of it.

So yeah, I will always go into some kind of place that is nearby to get something.

Refreshments are usually in order. So is a bathroom visit. I definitely don't just sit. Like Rocky I prefer to get out and walk around. Stretch a bit, especially my calves. It's rare I'm on a road trip that doesn't involve some bike riding/racing.

I stopped by the Cle Elum SC last week for a top up, after getting a quick splash of coffee and 10 min charge at the Ellensburg SC. It’s great to hear that we may get a Tesla-friendly owner of the nearby coffee shop. However, that won’t alleviate potential problems with the other nearby business. I’m not really sure how much business goes in there, but their customers have an obstacle course prior to entering. For Tesla drivers, those last spots may require some additional parking skills as well. Here’s a picture of explanation:
AC2C2A9D-4DED-4B2C-8E35-1504B16D25DC.jpeg

That looks perfectly manageable.
Yes, it’s not too bad. The stuff is kinda cute, maybe there’s a kitchen sink in there somewhere. I don’t remember.;) In any case, the SC was essentially empty, but 2-3 Teslas showed up after I did. I really like the number of stalls and easy freeway access. I just wish EBurg had been 8 stalls initially.

Here is an easy one: Squeegee and bucket. Get your name printed on it!
Particularly in that location, a squeegee and bucket would be invaluable.

When traveling alone, I usually walk around the area and usually find some food or drink. If other drivers are out and about, I'll talk with them. Often, I see people sitting in their cars, though. If I have emails or texts to respond to, I can see that, but otherwise it's a chance to refresh and get out of the car.

Traveling with family, it's up to the people I'm traveling with. A bathroom break is almost always a given. Drinks are also very common. With kids (even now at 13, 17, and 20), we've also brought a soccer ball, nerf football (you never know how close you might be to a parking lot), or frisbee on longer trips for a little physical activity.

In an area with temperature extremes (windy spots, too), having an enclosed area is also welcome. I'm happy to reward businesses near charging locations because of the value they can add to my stops.