Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Coeur d'Alene, ID (LIVE Feb 2015, 6 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small walk to a cool donut place.

Wish it was going in across the large highway at the Safeway though for bathrooms, snacks, and coffee.

Our plan when we charge here (which we always do when going Hwy 2 through Libby to Kalispell) is to grab food before and eat while charging.

Small walk to a cool donut place.

Wish it was going in across the large highway at the Safeway though for bathrooms, snacks, and coffee.

Our plan when we charge here (which we always do when going Hwy 2 through Libby to Kalispell) is to grab food before and eat while charging.
They tore the donut place down last fall. They’re supposed to eventually rebuild though.

Where did you see second one going in Cour d'Alene? It's not up on Supercharge.info.

Moderator note: The next dozen or so posts were moved from the Supercharger thread for McDermitt, NV.

On TESLA’s “Find Us” page…
1681801139360.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Why? Because this is the route that EVERYONE takes when traveling between NorCal and Boise. Amenities are nice, but I would rather have a SC in McDermitt, NV with no amenities than no SC and have amenities. It is no secret that there is a massive amount of CA transplants to Boise and growing. When they want to visit family back in CA, this is the route they take. There is absolutely nothing between Boise and Winnemucca. I live near Boise, and it is 254mi from my door to the SC in Winnemucca.

@Rocky_H was saying that McDermitt, NV is far better than putting it at an intersection with no amenities, not that McDermitt, NV isn't needed. Your misinterpretation of his post is actually quite funny given that he is an annual nominee in the Tesla-owner-who-most-needs McDermitt awards.

Thanks for the update!
I’m pissed that TESLA is installing a second SC in Coeur d’Alene when we only have one in the Treasure Valley (Boise). We are by far the more populated area than north Idaho, so WTF!!!?????

Couer d'Alene, ID is a 6-stall v2, and Tesla's been supplementing them.
Tesla does indicate that they want to add one in Mountain Home, ID.

Besides, the militias are going to need more chargers for their Cybertrucks. The commies in Boise are probably not even buying Teslas now. They'll be waiting for BYD to start selling in the USA.

Couer d'Alene, ID is a 6-stall v2, and Tesla's been supplementing them.
Tesla does indicate that they want to add one in Mountain Home, ID.

Besides, the militias are going to need more chargers for their Cybertrucks. The commies in Boise are probably not even buying Teslas now. They'll be waiting for BYD to start selling in the USA.
I’m not quite sure how to take your post, but…funny. 👍🏻

You are misinterpreting the Find Us page.

Please direct any discussion of the CDA supercharger to this thread:

I can read a map, mate. The existing SC is located north of I-90 in CDA.
(SEE SCREENSHOT #1)

There is a map pin 📍 on the south side of I-90 in CDA that indicates (suggests…intimates???) the location of a second SC. Whether that is factually accurate or not is not my point. My point is that the map pin is highly suggestive. Right or wrong. If it’s inaccurate, but instead TESLA merely aims to increase the number of stalls at the existing SC location north of I-90, then TESLA needs to fix this on their map. I’m reading it for what it is. If the second pin is meant to indicate an ambiguous location at “city center”, then ambiguous it wasn’t (given the pin).
(SEE SCREENSHOT #2)

1681884992206.png

1681885006675.png

I can read a map, mate. The existing SC is located north of I-90 in CDA.
(SEE SCREENSHOT #1)

There is a map pin 📍 on the south side of I-90 in CDA that indicates (suggests…intimates???) the location of a second SC. Whether that is factually accurate or not is not my point. My point is that the map pin is highly suggestive. Right or wrong. If it’s inaccurate, but instead TESLA merely aims to increase the number of stalls at the existing SC location north of I-90, then TESLA needs to fix this on their map. I’m reading it for what it is. If the second pin is meant to indicate an ambiguous location at “city center”, then ambiguous it wasn’t (given the pin).
(SEE SCREENSHOT #2)

View attachment 929813

View attachment 929814
The "Coming Soon" pins on the Tesla FindUs page are always placed at the generic city center location for each town. It has been this way for at least 7 years and has been posted about literally dozens of times on this forum. If you want to see what I am talking about, try going to Google Maps and entering Couer d'Alene as your destination. You will see that it will navigate you to the corner of 4th and Sherman which is precisely where the pin is located on the Tesla FindUs page.

Now, if you would kindly click on the link provided in my last post and post any follow up comments or questions in that thread. You may also wish to see the evidence for the expansion of the existing CDA site, which is in fact the reason there is a CDA pin on the Tesla FindUs page.

The "Coming Soon" pins on the Tesla FindUs page are always placed at the generic city center location for each town. It has been this way for at least 7 years and has been posted about literally dozens of times on this forum. If you want to see what I am talking about, try going to Google Maps and entering Couer d'Alene as your destination. You will see that it will navigate you to the corner of 4th and Sherman which is precisely where the pin is located on the Tesla FindUs page.

Now, if you would kindly click on the link provided in my last post and post any follow up comments or questions in that thread. You may also wish to see the evidence for the expansion of the existing CDA site, which is in fact the reason there is a CDA pin on the Tesla FindUs page.
Settle down—I don’t doubt what you’re saying. My point (and I’m posting this here because this is where I made my original comment) is that that fact is ambiguous on the Find Us page alone. Not every TESLA owner utilizes TMC—I know I don’t utilize every aspect of TMC, as evidenced by this discussion, nor do I care to. All I’m saying is that TESLA could take action to make it less ambiguous on their Find Us page. You act as if TESLA owners are not “serious” owners unless they supplement by utilizing TMC. Many TESLA owners do not use TMC; notwithstanding, TESLA alone is the ultimate authority on the execution of their plans. As such, their communication—at least in this case—could be less ambiguous.

Settle down—I don’t doubt what you’re saying. My point (and I’m posting this here because this is where I made my original comment) is that that fact is ambiguous on the Find Us page alone. Not every TESLA owner utilizes TMC—I know I don’t utilize every aspect of TMC, as evidenced by this discussion, nor do I care to. All I’m saying is that TESLA could take action to make it less ambiguous on their Find Us page. You act as if TESLA owners are not “serious” owners unless they supplement by utilizing TMC. Many TESLA owners do not use TMC; notwithstanding, TESLA alone is the ultimate authority on the execution of their plans. As such, their communication—at least in this case—could be less ambiguous.
I appologize for nudging this thread sideways. I was just trying to see if there was some previously undisclosed information about another site out there. For those of us who have tracked the Supercharger network expansion since the beginning, the Tesla Find Us page has not been a reliable source of future expansion (sometimes not even reliable about what is currently there). Sites get built that were never on Tesla maps while other indicated future sites go years without being built. Should Tesla do better? Yea, and I think the Find Us has been better in recent years but it's really just a suggestion of what Tesla wants to do, not concrete plans. 'Nuff said, back to McDermitt.

I did not act in any such way that you describe. I simply attempted to inform you that CDA is getting an expansion of the existing site, not a new supercharger. I do not work for Tesla. If you have an issue with how they disclose information, you can take it up with them.

I did not act in any such way that you describe. I simply attempted to inform you that CDA is getting an expansion of the existing site, not a new supercharger. I do not work for Tesla. If you have an issue with how they disclose information, you can take it up with them.
Again, I’m not arguing with you. I’m only stating that their Find Us page is not clear regarding the facts you’ve claimed. I, for one, have no appetite to augment every source with secondary and tertiary sources to validate information and to complement info where it is lacking. I shall take it up with TESLA, but we can agree here that their Find Us page appears to be riddled with misinformation and ambiguity. I’m not sure why that is a source of contention between us, for we should be able to agree on as much. Have a great day, man.