Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cornwall, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
66 km/hr.

I expect to get nearly 10x that at the Toronto SC on my way home.

UPDATE: The Toronto SC charged at 608 km/hr. Only 9.2x faster.

I presume that 608 km/h was at peak charging BUT:

Until what % did you charge it? 80%? 90%? and with the % charged, how long did it take to you to charge, let say from 20% to XX%?

And how the «tapering» looked like? Is it very that slow starting 80%?

Thanks for the info!

I presume that 608 km/h was at peak charging BUT:

Until what % did you charge it? 80%? 90%? and with the % charged, how long did it take to you to charge, let say from 20% to XX%?

And how the «tapering» looked like? Is it very that slow starting 80%?

Thanks for the info!

I didn't stick around enough to find out. I only charged to 70 km to get home. There are videos from KmanAuto that show that it starts tapering very soon after charging from near empty. See here: Tesla Model S / X: Supercharging a 60kW Battery from Dead, 105kW Charging Rate!!! - YouTube

I presume that 608 km/h was at peak charging

The display in the car never shows you peak charging km/h - it is an average over the charging session. So it is lower than actual at the beginning of the charge (as it tapers up - depending on battery temps etc. this effect may be small), and much higher than actual at the very end of the charge.

Better to look at the kW (either by setting the display to show kW, or by doing mental arithmetic on the V and A values shown).

Are only the "broken stations" offline (or roped off), or the whole supercharger station ?

Seems that parts will have to be replace for these two stalls (they'll put covers on these 2 until it works)... but I tested the 4 others stalls and they are working like a charm

- - - Updated - - -

And there are some pics from Cornwall SC (sorry folks if you have to break your neck with the 2 photos...)

IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG

Last edited:
Seems that parts will have to be replace for these two stalls... but I test the 4 others stalls and they are working like a charm

Amazing. Toronto, here we come :) I will be at Cornwall at around 10am Saturday, then a one hour or so stop at the BW Kingston before arriving at the Toronto Lawrence SC. Honestly, early in August I had no confidence this would happen by august 30th in time for my trip. Great news !

Seems that there will be an «official» opening scheduled for tomorrow from what the guys told me...

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing. Toronto, here we come :) I will be at Cornwall at around 10am Saturday, then a one hour or so stop at the BW Kingston before arriving at the Toronto Lawrence SC. Honestly, early in August I had no confidence this would happen by august 30th in time for my trip. Great news !

Actually, they were pushed by Tesla to open it before this long weekend...

Last edited:
Details of the charging time for those who are interested:

Tesla Cornwall

(40 km rated range left before charging)

Started at 17:00
10%- 20% 17:03
20%-30% 17:07
30%-40% 17:12
40%-50% 17:18
50%-60% 17:24
60%-70% 17:31
70%-80% 17:40
80%-90% 17:55
90%-100% 18:20
maxed out @ 421 km rated range

(per approx 42 km increment of charge, except for the last 10%)

3 minutes / total 3 minutes for 42 km
4 minutes / total 7 minutes for 84 km
5 minutes / total 12 minutes for 126 km
6 minutes / total 18 minutes for 168 km
6 minutes / total 24 minutes for 210 km
7 minutes / total 31 minutes for 252 km
9 minutes / total 40 minutes for 294 km
15 minutes / total 55 minutes for 336 km
25 minutes / total 1h20 for 381 km

Voilà! :)

Last edited:
Just so you know, I'm not a nerd but I have followed this thread with great enthusiasm for a long time. Thanks depeche mode for all the updates and pics. Enjoy the Silence. Ok, maybe I'm nerdy enough to go there soon and try it. Ok maybe I'll go tomorrow morning.

The display in the car never shows you peak charging km/h - it is an average over the charging session. So it is lower than actual at the beginning of the charge (as it tapers up - depending on battery temps etc. this effect may be small), and much higher than actual at the very end of the charge.

Better to look at the kW (either by setting the display to show kW, or by doing mental arithmetic on the V and A values shown).

Well said!

The "charging speed" calculation seems to also include the initial minute or so when the current is being ramped up. So it's a really misleading figure initially. And since it's an overall average, it tells you very little about the charging power at the moment you're looking at the screen.

614 km/hr? I peaked at 198 in T-O yesterday when I charged from about 44% (189 km) to 93% (400 km) in 60 minutes. Where you are in that range makes a big difference.

Maybe because of the tapering?

From what I understood is that (and you see that in my report) the first charging «stages» (let say between 10% to 60% is very rapid) but the further you are in the charging the pace goes down...

You said that you started at 44% and finished at 93%, my understanding is that «% range» is longer to charge in that case because of the tapering than if it would have been a charge from 0% to 59%

My 2 cents... maybe Cottonwood or Doug_G could clarify it... they are the best in these analysis :)

Details of the charging time for those who are interested:

Thank you for the data! It's awesome that Cornwall is open! Even though I'm 5000 km away! :)

The photo a couple of posts up shows 301A @ 369V, which is 111 kW, with the battery 30% full.

And for those who think 14 kW is glacial - I'm used to 6 kW! The public chargers here are typically 30A, 208V nominal. And I only have the "single charger" in the car. I basically wouldn't try to go on any long distance trips to places that are lacking in Superchargers.