Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My DREAM continues :wink::

Dunkirk,NY <120miles> Hamilton, ONT <or> St Catherines, ONT (closer)

Macedonia, OH <150miles> Jamestown, NY

Jamestown, NY <144miles> Corning, NY

Corning, NY <80miles> Binghamton, NY [a shorty but Corning will be a HUB SpC]

Corning, NY <105miles> Rochester, NY

Corning, NY <165miles> Harrisburg, PA

Binghamton, NY <135miles> Colonie(Albany), NY
--

Last edited:
My DREAM continues :wink::

Dunkirk,NY <120miles> Hamilton, ONT <or> St Catherines, ONT (closer)

Macedonia, OH <150miles> Jamestown, NY

Jamestown, NY <144miles> Corning, NY

Corning, NY <80miles> Binghamton, NY [a shorty but Corning will be a HUB SpC]

Corning, NY <105miles> Rochester, NY

Corning, NY <165miles> Harrisburg, PA

Binghamton, NY <135miles> Colonie(Albany), NY
--

Heheh, I like your dream, but give me Hornell instead of Corning, so I can hit the Finger Lakes via Bath/Hammondsport!

Tesla Superchargers are now just a road trip away.
supercharger_invite_01_498x293.png
It's Time to Celebrate the Opening of the Cranberry Township Supercharger!
crm_map_marker_13x16.png
Cranberry Township Supercharger
1308 Freedom Road, Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Located at the Residence Inn
crm_calendar_17x17.png
Tuesday, May 13th at 10am
The Tesla Supercharger in Cranberry Township, PA is now open, and we would like to invite you, your family, and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with us. The Cranberry Township Supercharger makes free, lifetime, coast-to-coast travel easier than ever for any Supercharging-enabled Model S.

Details
No RSVP is required for this event. Due to the expected volume of Model S owners, there might be a wait for charging. Please plan accordingly.

I used the Cranberry station this past week driving back from Ohio. I planned to spend the night in Cranberry and had reservations at the Marriott Fairfield Inn a couple of miles away..-- I arrived at about 10pm, charged enough for the following day, and then went to my hotel. I did go into the Residence Inn while I was charging and spoke with the Customer Service manager, and I suggest that they offer a competitive "Tesla" rate, because when I made my reservation for the night, the Residence Inn was about $220 per night, and the Fairfield Inn was $125/night. I sure would have preferred to stay at the Residence Inn and done a range charge overnight, but I could not. (Also it was too far to walk to my hotel and leave my car at the SC overnight) She said the SC was all very new to them, and she would talk to the manager about offering a Tesla rate. She did say that during the week they are usually sold out, so there's very little incentive to offering a discount to us when they can fill the rooms at full price. I would hope that if they can offer a competitive rate, that Tesla promotes that on the SC website.

Yes I think Residence Inns are a bit more expensive because the rooms generally have full kitchens and living areas. That is why they are usually booked during the week with consultants and contractors working at Westinghouse and other companies nearby.

Maybe a weekend rate would coincide better with SC usage, if they offered such a thing.

I just drove to and from Niles, OH and stayed at a new Residence Inn there... pretty darn nice. I also got a great rate. PM me for how to do get one too. I like how both Cranberry and Somerset are near Starbuckses. Managed to just do 5 minutes at Somerset for safety range, max out at Somerset, then dropped my coworker in York, and drove all the way down US-30E to the Devon service center where I dropped off my loaner with 6 miles on the battery and picked up my fully charged car! I was surprised no one put the new service center on PlugShare yet, so I did. It has a whole 4 HPWCs and 50A outlets too right outside. Also had at least 30 MS's waiting to be picked up, about 10 waiting service, and a bunch of loaners. More Teslas than I saw when I was in San Fran.

I just drove to and from Niles, OH and stayed at a new Residence Inn there... pretty darn nice. I also got a great rate. PM me for how to do get one too. I like how both Cranberry and Somerset are near Starbuckses. Managed to just do 5 minutes at Somerset for safety range, max out at Somerset, then dropped my coworker in York, and drove all the way down US-30E to the Devon service center where I dropped off my loaner with 6 miles on the battery and picked up my fully charged car! I was surprised no one put the new service center on PlugShare yet, so I did. It has a whole 4 HPWCs and 50A outlets too right outside. Also had at least 30 MS's waiting to be picked up, about 10 waiting service, and a bunch of loaners. More Teslas than I saw when I was in San Fran.

Do they have an 85 loaner now or still 60's? My guess is the 60. Making the trip down there with the 60 is doable but you might be pressed to get back up to Somerset with the 60

I had an 85 with Pano, Sound, Cyclone, Leather, Obeche Gloss, Single Charger, Yacht Floor, Mirrors, Parcel Shelf, Parking, Tech and Std Suspension. I saw P85 loaners too when I came back tonight.

Pano creaked and leaked air a bit and the windshield had a ding from a rock I guess. Also was a bit of a bummer charging at 40A but I only had to do that three times in the 6 days I had it. I am really glad I skipped the roof and the sound system and got the air suspension!

Do they have an 85 loaner now or still 60's? My guess is the 60. Making the trip down there with the 60 is doable but you might be pressed to get back up to Somerset with the 60