Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS60 Loaner with grey interior, pano, air.
A8wD74M.jpg

Posting the VIN and a look at the front edge of the battery pack for anyone trying to correlate VIN ranges built with Tank Mode already on them. To our eyes, this car does NOT have the new plating.

Thanks for this. I understand that VINs aren't necessarily sequential, but my S85 manufactured in March doesn't have tank mode and has a VIN 22 higher than the pictured one.

Thanks Riverbrick, I think that confirms that this loaner S60 did not have tank mode, either.

Doug H2, hope you are doing well!

I am saddened to see the end of an era where I won't get to meet cool Tesla owners from around the country anymore, as they stop in for a charge on my HPWC. But I am more than willing to meet up for lunch or a coffee to talk Tesla with people stopping in Cranberry for a Supercharge!

Great reporting. I'm glad to know that Cranberry is finally live. I've traveled through that corridor twice now. Once, at the beginning of the year, around the 6th of Jan and again in February. I experienced the wonderful hospitality of Jake P and his wife while I charged in his garage. I enjoyed my time there, but I'm also happy to know that us 60s can now make the Turnpike trip through PA without having to oppose on anyone.
Sorry, I meant IMPOSING not opposing.

Cranberry is not listed on the TM website but shows up in the car. We will plan to make it a stop on the way back to Chicago from NJ tomorrow so we are not the slowest car on the highway. Maybe we can be the first non-PA resident to supercharge there :)

Gentleman from the Supercharger team said he had only done ONE install using V2 covers. Perhaps that was Hawthorne? This installation was a hybrid-- the stainless sides of the stanchions are for the LED lighting of the V2 covers but for whatever reason we got V1 covers. Timetable on V2 installations to come seems to be an unknown.

I suggested they consider reselling the V1 covers when/if they upgrade the existing Supercharger locations. I can imagine a number of enthusiastic Tesla owners would happily wrap their home chargers in what would otherwise just be a discarded Supercharger cabinet! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

The guys installing the Roseville, Ca supercharger told me (without me even asking) that those will be the new "V3" (not V2... so there must be another version) covers that have the LED lighting and everything. They also said it would be 135kw.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we asked about that, and he said the ones in the construction queue will still be getting the old cabinets for a while. I don't know if those new cabinets are for 135kW only, either.
See above.

@JakeP spoke with a friend of mine at Suncountry Stephen he's trying to look into spots at 90 and 79 for us
I told him there might be some financial support from guys like us just wondering what your thoughts are on that personally I would be willing to contribute $500 or more give or take just wondering if you might be willing as well ? and maybe some other people on this form might be interested
this might help speed things up we're thinking like a 90 amp charger or on the low side 60 amp I told him I lean on the 90 amp the cost can range from 2000 to 3000 not including hook up but I think any little bit might help

@JakeP spoke with a friend of mine at Suncountry Stephen he's trying to look into spots at 90 and 79 for us
I told him there might be some financial support from guys like us just wondering what your thoughts are on that personally I would be willing to contribute $500 or more give or take just wondering if you might be willing as well ? and maybe some other people on this form might be interested
this might help speed things up we're thinking like a 90 amp charger or on the low side 60 amp I told him I lean on the 90 amp the cost can range from 2000 to 3000 not including hook up but I think any little bit might help

That's better than nothing, but let's get Tesla to put a Supercharger there instead!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and for some reason it says 3 stalls, when there are actually 3 superchargers, for a total of 6 stalls.

Yes but if I need to spend a couple hours charging, I'll just go an hour further East on I-86 to visit my Uncle and use his NEMA 6-50. Supercharging is a different story. I think these other cities are being actively investigated (e.g., Binghamton), and it is just a matter of time. Having said that, I bet you could find a few SnowBirds willing to support a SunCounty in Erie.

Fair enough I think some of the problems suncountry has is that it's a free service trying to convince businesses to pay for the charger and hook up and offer free service is quite a hard sell I would imagine hence the idea of sponsoring the charger
I just thought you had some interest in this area and could possibly serve you-help you I know for me it's a must have location just trying to get the ball rolling

"Official" Cranberry, PA Super Charger Ribbon Cutting is May 13

Thanks for the info. I guess max charge at sumerset is the option at this point. It says 179 miles on the map between chargers. Hopefully 85kw pack at 55 mph with the climbs is enough. If anyone has done this segment and has feedback or suggestions, let me know. Thanks!

FYI, the "Official" Cranberry, PA Super Charger Ribbon Cutting is May 13.

FYI, the "Official" Cranberry, PA Super Charger Ribbon Cutting is May 13.

Do we know what time the ceremony is planned for? I spoke with Tesla KoP who are bringing cars over, but I forgot to ask the time.

And welcome aboard TMC, VETaxiWhiteGlove! Nice to see you online, as well as at Pittsburgh Cars & Coffee.

For anyone needing elite Veteran-operated limousine services in Pittsburgh using the Tesla Model S, be sure to look up this fine organization!

vetaxi.com - Pittsburgh Livery Company Transports Customers in Alternative Fuel Vehicles

Macedonia, OH <152 miles> Dunkirk, NY - - - so Erie, PA should not logically be on the first pioneering round. The dream continues:

Dunkirk, NY <167 miles> Weedsport, NY

Weedsport, NY <160 miles> Albany(Colonie), NY

--

Wycolo, what is this referring to? Have Dunkirk and Weedsport been announced as the Buffalo/Syracuse SpC sites? Lack of Erie is a bummer for anyone trying to travel on I-86. Hopefully that route gets coverage in the next round.

Or are you just extrapolating likely spots based on the assumed average distances between SpCs?

Last edited: