Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cranberry, PA (NW of Pittsburgh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ mcfadyena I just noticed where you're from my in-laws have a second house there my mother-in-law grew up there we go there in the summertime usually
A few times year for the boat race fireworks the house is just down the road from the chocolate factory I was there last summer with the car we live in Campbellville just west of Milton it would be cool to hook up with you in Campbellford someday small-town small world

JP are you not at the top of 79 and 90 think that's it right? It looks a lot further than 90 miles maybe I'm getting something wrong here

I see what I have done for some reason I got it in my head you were Tom K on plugshare lol

- - - Updated - - -

I think I might need to look up this Tom K though you're right I would be getting to your house on empty if I was lucky

- - - Updated - - -

@ mcfadyena if you need help getting too the border let me know you can charge at my house and then drive to Niagara Falls and charge there to top off before cross-border I am only 45 minutes an hour from Niagara Falls so you wouldn't not have to charge there for very long

Another option might be for you to stay the night at best Western in Milton they have a sun country charger there check in advance with them I have had to go there several times for sun country to check if it was working properly and at least a couple of those times it wasn't they had to come and fix it just let you know but you are welcome here I live not too far from there you can make it to my house on a full charge no problem

Last edited:
Awesome! PM me your in-laws...perhaps I know them. My wife grew up here, and my father-in law is the town lawyer. Small town - everyone knows everyone!

You are always welcome to drop in for a charge on the HPWC during your visits.

@ mcfadyena I just noticed where you're from my in-laws have a second house there my mother-in-law grew up there we go there in the summertime usually
A few times year for the boat race fireworks the house is just down the road from the chocolate factory I was there last summer with the car we live in Campbellville just west of Milton it would be cool to hook up with you in Campbellford someday small-town small world

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

I tried to charge at the Milton Sun-Country last month - called ahead to be sure it was working, and was assured it was all fine. Planned and arrived with very little charge int he middle of the night. It wasn't working. And they didn't care that I had called to ensure it was working before I went there only to have them say it wasn't in operation. I ended up stranded and sitting in the Tim Horton's parking lot charging for the night (I eventually had a friend come get me...) Was very frustrating!

I'll make my travel plans soon - just returned home from business trip in San Fran and haven't had a chance to really see how I'm going to get South with the Tesla!

JP are you not at the top of 79 and 90 think that's it right? It looks a lot further than 90 miles maybe I'm getting something wrong here

- - - Updated - - -

@ mcfadyena if you need help getting too the border let me know you can charge at my house and then drive to Niagara Falls and charge there to top off before cross-border I am only 45 minutes an hour from Niagara Falls so you wouldn't not have to charge there for very long

Another option might be for you to stay the night at best Western in Milton they have a sun country charger there check in advance with them I have had to go there several times for sun country to check if it was working properly and at least a couple of those times it wasn't they had to come and fix it just let you know but you are welcome here I live not too far from there you can make it to my house on a full charge no problem

Yes that is going to be a LONG stretch from Niagara to Cranberry. We definitely need a Supercharger in Erie, PA. Please consider emailing the Supercharger team and letting them know this!

The lack of a supercharger in Erie, PA is making my March break plans a stretch... I'm planning to drive from Hamilton, Ontario to the Annandale, VA.

The best family friendly plan I could come up with so far was to overnight in Erie, PA and charge at one of the 3 car dealerships with J1772's and stay at a nearby hotel. I'm probably going to charge at Interstate Mitsubishi and stay at Springhill Suites Mariott (they're a ~5 minute walk apart).

After that I could hit the Somerset, PA and Bethesda MD superchargers which should be a breeze...

Hopefully next time I want to make this trip there are superchargers in Cranberry and Erie, PA!!!

Last edited:
The lack of a supercharger in Erie, PA is making my March break plans a stretch... I'm planning to drive from Hamilton, Ontario to the Annandale, VA.

The best family friendly plan I could come up with so far was to overnight in Erie, PA and charge at one of the 3 car dealerships with J1772's and stay at a nearby hotel. I'm probably going to charge at Interstate Mitsubishi and stay at Springhill Suites Mariott (they're a ~5 minute walk apart).

After that I could hit the Somerset, PA and Bethesda MD superchargers which should be a breeze...

Hopefully next time I want to make this trip there are superchargers in Cranberry and Erie, PA!!!

Definitely look for me on Plugshare in Wexford/Zip 15090, if you think you need any charge before heading East on I-76 to Somerset. Though you should be able to make it just fine if you leave Erie with a full charge (weather permitting).

There is a KOA campground in Erie. Maybe you could check it out for a 14-50.

Definitely look for me on Plugshare in Wexford/Zip 15090, if you think you need any charge before heading East on I-76 to Somerset. Though you should be able to make it just fine if you leave Erie with a full charge (weather permitting).

Yeah, Erie to Somerset in my longest leg. Although, it's only 299km or 187mi so I should be fine as it looks like it will be a lot warmer than it is now! I'll jot down your details from plugshare in case of emergency. PA sure is a charging wasteland!

- - - Updated - - -

There is a KOA campground in Erie. Maybe you could check it out for a 14-50.

Typical Floridian response. ;)

It doesn't open until April 15th.

I think you'll be happy to see the updated plans for 2014 JakeP

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

It looks like Clearfield, PA; Stroudsburg, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Allentown, PA; Wheeling, WV; Morgantown, WV are all planned for this year... somewhat surprised not to see anything around Erie, though. And the stretch from Macedonia to Clearfield is a long one, too.

Yes I emailed the Supercharger team about this and Upstate NY in some detail a while back. I think they need to add Erie, Grove City, Binghamton, Salamanca/Bradford and maybe Bath/Hammondsport or where I-89 and I-390 intersect. Their prompt response was that all of these sites were already on their radar. I am hoping these are part of the 400 total SpC sites we will see before this is all done, as quoted by the site foreman for Cranberry and Somerset. He is submitting his bid for Allentown today. I am very glad to see Wheeling, WV on the updated map, though Columbus has now lost its Supercharger?

At any rate, I just got back from Cranberry, and they made tremendous progress this week. Everything is trenched out, most of the conduit is laid, cabinets are sitting on the lot, and they hope to backfill the holes by Sunday, in advance of a projected snowstorm. Pics as promised:

Cranberry SpC 4.JPG
Cranberry SpC 5.JPG
Cranberry SpC 6.JPG
Cranberry SpC 7.JPG

I drove past the site this afternoon and took a quick picture, but it doesn't add anything to yours, except that I saw two workers in the trench.

Given the two cabinets, and the size and configuration of the trench, I'd guess that there will only be four stalls. Both Macedonia and Somerset have six, so I hope I'm wrong. Otherwise, it might be a relative bottleneck.

Just dropped off some Amish donuts (Maple Glazed...mmmmmm) for the Cranberry crew. They are backfilling the trenches today.

I asked about the number of bays, and there is a third cabinet on site, it was just hidden around the corner behind the trailers.

Forgot to ask about the Wheeling and Allentown site landmarks, will ask next week!